• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Looking into a Water cooling setup for my PC.

Psylenced

n00b
Joined
Jun 27, 2005
Messages
60
I am looking to start purchasing parts for a water cooling setup in my PC.

Before I evenbegin though I am a little concerned about space. Does anyone know offhand if theres enough room to run an adequate system in an Aspire X-Navigator case?

Note my sig for system specs otherwise, and yes I plan on cooling the GTX's as well. Feel free to post suggestion on what I should buy and whether or not it will fit. I am thinking it will be a mostly Dangerden kit with TDX blocks, like I said though im more concerned about radiator placement in this case.

Advice is much appreciated.

edit - it seems my sig didnt display, so the system specs are:

DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI-DR
BIOS 6/23-3
Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego @ 2726 227x12
Thermalright XP-90c
2x512 OCZ PC4000 DDR 500 VX Gold 2-2-2-7 1T
1x Seagate Barracuda 200GB SATA 1
Memorex DVD-RW
2x BFG Geforce 7800 GTX OC 480/1.35 (SLI Enabled)
Antec Neopower 480 Modular PSU
Audigy II ZS sound card
Windows XP Pro SP2

Also I would prefer to use a 12v DC pump and yes I know I need to upgrade my PSU. thats coming next.
 
You have already stated that you want a 12Vdc pump, TDX blocks, and a DD kit. So what else is there to know?
 
there are better performing blocks, then are better looking blocks.

you have not mentioned how willing or proficient you are at case modding, to accomodate a rad, or what size of rad you are thinking of using.

the easiest option that offers good performance would probably be to get a swiftech radbox, and stick a 2x120 rad on the back of the case.

given that you only have one HDD, and one optical drive, the cleanest install that i can think of is put the rad up top, sacrificing a few 5.25 bays, and rip out the lowest HDD cage, to help to make some room for the pump.

maybe your tooling and skills put you somewhere in between those extremes, however we could use some more info.
 
Back
Top