Looking into a 5.1 computer speaker setup

Noetic

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Apr 11, 2001
Messages
1,299
With Klipsch in absent from the computer speaker 5.1 market, I was wondering what were the present favorites. Should I flea-bay the Klipsch (a risk considering the flakiness of the subs and amps)? I am not interested in a receiver for the system ATM.

TIA,
david
 
You are going to get a lot of flak around here about dedicated "computer speakers", and for good reason. They are, at least the 5.1 setups, generally all crap. Unless shrilling highs, non-existent mids, and muddy booming bass is your thing...

Pick up a nice set of powered active monitors, and a sub from parts express and call it a day.
 
@criccio

Understood. I could be considered a tone-nut as well with my high-end stuff, but finding a sub 250 set of 5.1 is what I am seeking for this system.
 
Well you should check out this company: www.thespeakercompany.com

Specifically check out these: http://www.thespeakercompany.com/MM516-51-PC-Speaker-System-P13C16.aspx#reviews

However, if you want a real 5.1 setup get a cheap quality receiver (such as an Onkyo 304 or look on ebay to get an older model for around $100) and then check out this 5.1 set: http://www.thespeakercompany.com/ACHT-200-51-Home-Theater-Speakers-P43C7.aspx

With all of that you are spending about $300 on a system that will far outperform anything offered from Logitech or any other dedicated PC speaker system.
 
@runnin17

Thank you for the link RE: MM51.6. Significantly less than my expected budget!

To elaborate, I do not have the room for a receiver.
 
Back
Top