Looking forward to my Pinephone 64

ManofGod

[H]F Junkie
I have a Pinephone 64 with 3GB of ram and 32GB of eMMc storage and am looking forward to it. I want to have privacy and also choose what I use on the hardware I buy and own, not what Google or Apple dictates that I have. (You know, the phones you buy but you do not own.)

Nobu

Supreme [H]ardness
It's pretty neat, runs fast enough considering the age of the processor it uses. I just need to find a carrier that supports it–att prepaid doesn't (nor any other phone I have...), totalwireless seems to sorta work, but never gets a data connection (may just need to update my install, though). Might try t-mobile next.

ManofGod

[H]F Junkie
It's pretty neat, runs fast enough considering the age of the processor it uses. I just need to find a carrier that supports it–att prepaid doesn't (nor any other phone I have...), totalwireless seems to sorta work, but never gets a data connection (may just need to update my install, though). Might try t-mobile next.

Well, I use Mint Mobile and they work off of T Mobile towers so I should be good to go.

Edit: Oh, and I think I will stick with Mobian initially and then try Ubuntu Touch.

ManofGod

[H]F Junkie
Well, I am returning the device, although I do like it. I was not able to get it to connect to my Honda Link bluetooth connection no matter the OS I used. (Could be hardware, could be software.) However, the internal earpiece is way to quiet and there is no software fix for it, which is a deal breaker for me. (I have some hearing loss.) That said, all I needed was bluetooth, SMS, calls and data but, the internal earpiece kind of killed the call part of it.

Edit: The sound can be boosted somewhat but, it is not all that loud, even then.

Last edited:

Nobu

Supreme [H]ardness
That sucks. Still haven't got service on mine, but I'll have to soon (or else another phone), because my moto g6 is starting to bug out a lot more.

ManofGod

[H]F Junkie
That sucks. Still haven't got service on mine, but I'll have to soon (or else another phone), because my moto g6 is starting to bug out a lot more.

Ughh, now I have found that it is going to cost me a $30 restock fee plus about $15 to $20 is shipping costs. For an item that I paid $200 plus $25 in shipping, it might not make sense to return it, I am just going to have to give it some thought.