Looking for UPS advices

Cerulean

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
9,484
1. Is this a good thing? What does it mean? It just recently happened when I was assembling a server. First in makes that vrrrrrrrr electric sound (the kind when the unit tests itself or starts up), and then I saw the red LED turn on and the thing started making a sort of alarm beep for a few minutes before turning off. It is still red.
ups_apc-SU1400RMNET_IMG_2344.jpg

(APC SU1400RMNET)

2. Coincidentally, I was already beginning to search for another UPS system to purchase. But this is where I need some advice: on the current UPS the load meter hops between 2 and 3 (of 5 lights total). When I have our new server plugged in and on, it hops between 3 and 4; what should I do? Is 3-4 still okay and safe for when lightning strikes and the power is out for some minutes? Or should we invest in a second UPS? If so, what UPS do you recommend?

We have two 4Us (both old hardware) and three 1Us (modern; includes the newly assembled server).
 
You seriously didn't check the manual first? Should be pretty obvious that the batteries need replacing. If you go on APCs website, you'll find runtime charts too...
 
I did look up manuals. In fact, that was the very first thing I did. Unfortunately the manual I found off of APC's website for this said absolutely nothing about the front interface of this UPS. :(
 
Back
Top