Looking for TKL, Cherry Mx Red, Backlit Blue Mechanical Keyboard

Comp625

n00b
I've searched quite a bit and I can only find three TKL mechanical keyboards that feature Cherry Red Mx switches and a blue backlight.

Does anyone know if any other options exist?

Also, dumb question: can you choose to turn OFF the backlight on these keyboards? The backlight is nice but only necessary in dim/dark conditions.

(I wish the Max Keyboard Blackbird TKL had Cherry Mx Red! :mad:)

I know that you can with the Ducky boards, but I'd only assume so with the Deck (haven't kept up with their new boards).

As for other TKL mechanical boards with blue backlighting, the only others I can think of currently are Korean custom builds or modified boards.

I've searched quite a bit and I can only find three TKL mechanical keyboards that feature Cherry Red Mx switches and a blue backlight.

Does anyone know if any other options exist?

Also, dumb question: can you choose to turn OFF the backlight on these keyboards? The backlight is nice but only necessary in dim/dark conditions.

(I wish the Max Keyboard Blackbird TKL had Cherry Mx Red! :mad:)

You can turn of the back lights yes. For the record the Deck keyboard is the best build quality of the three you listed. I own all those you listed. Deck's customer service (Think it's a small operation) is top notch in every way.

You can turn of the back lights yes. For the record the Deck keyboard is the best build quality of the three you listed. I own all those you listed. Deck's customer service (Think it's a small operation) is top notch in every way.

That was true of Deck's older line, this new line is still untested (no user tear-downs or time tested reviews) as far as I'm aware; I have to put in my 2-cents and say at least the legends are still as ugly as ever though. :D

Why not just get the Nighthawk x9 from max?

http://www.maxkeyboard.com/max-keyboard-nighthawk-x9-red-backlit-mechanical-keyboard.html

It's the one I have and I love it. Is 10 keyless really that big of a deal? I use the keypad when I type numbers so I prefer a full sized keyboard, maybe just me I guess.

Yes, since I have my gaming PC hooked up to my living room TV AND I have a spare 24" monitor that I throw onto my coffee table <-- not sure how my girlfriend puts up with this. :eek: Anyways, I swap between the two displays but my keyboard and mouse are always sitting on the coffee table. The TKL design really helps to save space.

(I have a separate full-sized keyboard setup for work-related stuff in another room.)

Does anyone know if there are any other TKL Cherry Mx Red keyboards that exist beyond the 3 I listed in the original post? White'ish or blue'ish backlight is very much preferred.

FYI, I currently own a TKL Leopold Cherry MX Brown (see URL here). I would LOVE the Cherry MX Red version with a white'ish or blue'ish backlight. But a las, even the non-backlit version is out of stock (and has been out of stock for at least a few months).

Back