Looking for tiny case (very small micro itx?)

you2

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Aug 10, 2004
Messages
1,422
I'm looking for a tiny case that isn't too expensive. The requirements are the following:

Must have a slot for dvd (or slim dvd) drive.
If pre-built system (like intel nuc) it must have vga or dvi (which can be adapted to vga)
-
So far I'm thinking the following:
Intel b75 (or z77 if I can find one cheap) micro itx; G2020; 4GB (skill); either an old 250GB hd (3 1/2) or an SSD. The computer will be left on 24/7 and my parents are unhappy when it crashes.
-
The closes case I've found is silverstone SG05BB which is 8.74" x 6.93" x 10.8
-
I wouldn't mind something a little smaller and (perhaps with modular psu). With Psu the aboe case is $119
-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163208
-
Anyways is that my best options or any alternatives to consider ?
 
That's more of a cube; this is more of a slim tower. There are a few inWin cases that are similar and cheaper but I wouldn't trust their included PSU over the Antec. If you do go with the ISK, it has a 5.25" external bay but it still requires a slim optical drive.

You might have better luck asking in the SFF subforums, but these two are probably the smallest you're going to find, other than going with a Shuttle (and using an external optical drive)

Keep in mind you're not using a discrete GPU and you're using 1-2 drives maximum so a 150W PSU is more than enough for that system. The SS is more for a discrete GPU system with the 450W PSU.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top