looking for the best network security guru @ hardforum

bluecula

Limp Gawd
What is the best software to monitor if someone have a keylogger installed in to my computer. If some one look at my laptop and tell me who is keeping tap on me i would pay a nice sum for the work.

how would you know they found something or not? what if they installed the software instead of removing it.

If you were truly worried, find a professional business with good references.

just format the machine. take less time, and get a nice cleanup

if i format they will comeback so this is kind of personal.. if you know some one in atlanta.. i will pay 1k for the help.

Who will come back? How do you know that theres a keylogger present on your machine? Got that tin foil hat on a little too tight?

Seriously, just format, install Nod32, and keep the box fully updated. Theres really nothing to worry about past that.

We can't help you if you can't describe your situation.

"The sky is blue and my computer is down. Please help"

For starters you should look at all the running processes and on another machine google search the names and see if anything comes up as malicious or as a key logger. You also may want to look into startup items and do the same. Possibly create another user account as the logger may only run as that one user you are using now. Look at what network ports are open/accepting connections and see if there are any odd ones as the logger may be sending the logs out to another machine. Good thing to do would be to keep your machine off any networks so incase there is a logger all the info will be kept on your local machine and not sent to anyone. :dunno:

maybe your media is bad....

is your windows cd LEGIT....ie not a downloaded iso?

if i format they will comeback so this is kind of personal.. if you know some one in atlanta.. i will pay 1k for the help.

For 1k I'll come down there, format, and make it so it can't come back. Now you may not be able to use it either... but hey, no key-logger guaranteed! :cool:

EDIT: Or you could only use a mouse.... (couldn't resist, just feeling silly today)

just get spybot, adaware, and threatfire, and an antivirus program. i like avast myself, but others may recommend something else.

between those 3, you should be good.

Here is an idea. After re-installing the OS create two users. One admin and one limited user. Only use the admin account when installing software and making system changes. Use the limited account for everything else from using programs to surfing the internet. You will have less problems because webpages won't be able to install malware under the limited user's credentials.

I have this setup at home and it does take a little big of time to get used to it. The Run as command works just fine installing or doing adminisration without having to logout all the time. Plus WinXP has fast user switching anyway so it really is a no brainer. User your computer as a regular user and not an elevated priveliged user.

The way Unix was designed for you know. Most people run around their windows box as admin and no wonder they get all kinds of shit installed on their system bogging it down when visiting websites with adware, malware and activeX shit that has to run for the browser front end.

Back