Looking for suggestions or advice.

dsmwookie

Limp Gawd
Here is my L-shaped desk. I m wanting to put the board and GPUs in the shelving to the right of my monitors. I will mount a cable hole or run them behind the desk to the power supply, which will be mounted under the desk itself. My goal is to have a nice refined desk with good performance, quiet operation, and hopefully less dust. I currently have a HAF 932, but cramming the necessary radiators in there and just positioning is not really what I m looking for. The radiators will go in the cabinet on the left hand side. I have two ideas for those. I d like to put (2) 480s in the back portion and make a new back piece ( you can see I cut it out for my old case to rest in there). The radiators can exhaust out the back, it has about 4 inches between wall and desk backing, I can add extra ventilation if need be to insure this works efficiently. For the intake portion of it I figured something along the lines of this on the inside or both sides:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835345032
LL

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835146004
LL

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835345003
LL

In the drawer above the built in tower section, I will more than likely remove the draw and put an adjustable riction lid support on it. Then I can mount this fan controller their and pop it out to make adjustments and close it back when not needed.

LL

LL

LL

The section where the mother board will be mounted and housed will be enclosed by (2) 1/4 inch pieces of Acrylic. I may put fans in the actual wood rather than the acrylic to avoid noise on my end. After looking at it now I may have it exhaust up into the cabinet above it and have that exhaust to the top of the shelving towards my ceiling. It would be nice and quiet then and pretty unseen; it would be easy for me to just enclose it inside of their in the corner of the top book shelf and stain it so it is not seen or obstructed.

LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

Any thoughts, ideas, criticisms?

Just to add the watercooling list will be as such:

(2) Swiftech Komodo 7970 block
i7 920 with swiftech Apogee Drive II
(2) XSPC RX 480s.
The reservoir is still undecided. If you guys have suggestions on what would look good in this type of setup I d love some ideas.
Motherboard is a EVGA X58 SLI LE (TR)
I also have one HDD and one SSD (hopefully a second soon) and I need to figure out good mounting places for those.

I need some advice on how much airflow is enough with this watercooling gear.

For the area housing the two radiators, would won 200 or 250mm fan be enough to feed as an intake? I know the radiators will need individual fans themselves.

How much airflow is needed across the motherboard when watercooling the CPU/GPU? Does the direction of airflow matter?

Btw I went with two EX480s as the price difference was substantial and two 480s are already pretty overkill.

Back