Looking for Suggestings (Two Choices)

TheBlueChanell

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey guys I'm finally putting together a new build after keeping the parts in my main gaming system roughly the same for the past 2-3 years with the exception of side grades of mobo, storage and videocards. I'm looking for a new PSU and am not 100% on what wattage I want to shoot for.

Any hoo the specs are below and I'm choosing between either the Seasonic x1000 Plat or the x1250 Gold. I contemplated the AX1200i but it seems kinda meh and the reviews have been all over the place. I'm open to non-seasonic recommendations as well but as you can tell I've had good luck with them. All of my other rigs that aren't in my sig also use either Seasonic branded or Seasonic built PSU's as well....as I said I am open to options though.

I plan to heavily OC both the CPU and videocard. My 2600K was running @ 5ghz. I picked up a 4770K during the $200 microcenter deal and it's my understanding that they run hotter and don't OC as well. I'm hoping to get as close to 5ghz as possible with it but I'd settle for 4.8ghz. I'm essentially looking to at least exceed the performance of the 2600K and I know that can be done with lower clock speed due to the IPC increase in Haswell.

Side-Note: While I'm here anyone else who's got a 4770K under real water what kind of OC/volt have you been getting/pushing and what are your temps like?

Thanks in advance!

System Components:
Corsair 750D
i7 4770K
Asus MVIE
R9 290X Crossfire
16gb Samsung DDR3
2x Crucial M4 256GB

Watercooling "Power" Parts:
5x NoiseBlocker eLoop PWM 800-1500RPM
2x Laing DDC 3.25

For your 4770k questions, there are multiple threads in both the Intel section and the Overclocking and Cooling section. At least take a quick glance through those.

As for the PSU choice, I would go with the x1000 Platinum, as you don't need 1200 watts unless you plan on tri-fire.

I'm actually kind of partial to the Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution PSUs due to their small size. Then again, I like to put radiators on the floor of my case, so a smaller PSU makes it easier to fit a larger radiator.

Back