Looking for some Ubiquiti AP's.

Tech249

n00b
Everyone seems to be severally allocated, looking for a three pack of the long range AP's - UAP-LR. Anyone know of a place that has stock? Even a few would get us by.

Thanks!

Do you get a discount as a reseller/VAR? Their site says $259, MSRP looks to be $199 per Ubiquiti - unless I'm missing something?

We have yet to order any of these, we are hoping to use them on a few project but need to play with them first.

Thanks for your time YeOldeStonecat. :)

The extra range models are 259, the standard Unifi models are 219.
I picked them up at retail rates...I have not signed up at FAB as a reseller...don't do that much volume with them, odds 'n ends. They are a great resource though.

Still in the first week of having them deployed at a client. Installing a couple at another client this coming week which puts a heavy load on them...and that will be a good test.

Initial experience with installing the first 4 at a clients network...was good. Appears to be great range on them, and online speedtests were strong. However...the true test is having multiple clients connected at the same time..and all of them pushing heavy..steady loads. In this case....will be a medical database doing an upgrade on the laptops..usually about 300-600 megs per laptop on an update. So I'll see how these handle the pounding.

The software interface to manage them is....odd. Looks neat..and you can figure it out rather quickly. Clunky in re-assigning AP's that you setup with another config..the hardware "reset" button sometimes works..sometimes doesn't.

I'll say though...for my initial reaction to them...darned good bang for the buck so far.

Good to hear. Please do post back your discoveries.

Our initial deployment will be an office that requires a wireless network but will not have a heavy load, web surfing and some basic file access. It will have a guest network setup.

I had some Rocket M's with the sector anteannae installed at a few events at a very large venue in Los Angeles. We never went over 150 clients per AP, but they didn't skip a beat the whole time. Theoretical maximum is 300 I think.

I also have a UBNT Picostation at home for my wireless AP. That thing is a beast.

I had some on order (Ubiquit's) then Fab emailed by days end saying they had just ran out of stock.

Any other vendors have stock that people may know about?

Back