Looking for some top tier hosting

Network solutions offers hosting, but its god awful expensive compared to the other stuff ive looked into. My domain is registered through there, although it will probably move when I need to renew.

here is a couple more.

www.digex.com (now owned by MCI)
www.qwest.com.

When i was looking at Tier1 vendors, i called most of the Telco's (ATT, SPRINT, MCI, SBC)). We eventually ended going with digex. ATT and Sprint was way to expensive. Rackspace is a great value, except there was some language in the T&C's which our legal department didn't like (and couldn't work around).

What kind of solution are you looking for? Fully Managed? Colo?

Darthkim said:
here is a couple more.

www.digex.com (now owned by MCI)
www.qwest.com.

When i was looking at Tier1 vendors, i called most of the Telco's (ATT, SPRINT, MCI, SBC)). We eventually ended going with digex. ATT and Sprint was way to expensive. Rackspace is a great value, except there was some language in the T&C's which our legal department didn't like (and couldn't work around).

What kind of solution are you looking for? Fully Managed? Colo?

Full managed solution.

We currently have a 42U cage in San Jose and NYC and half rack in UK. We are slowly expanding more into EU and will want a 42U rack in asia. Our current provider is not meeting our expectations and we are starting to look into other options.

I know that Rackspace has operations in the UK, so that is probably a big Plus. For Asia, Verio might make sense, (NTT/Verio) but i think thats only primarily in Japan.

Do you have one provider for US/EU/ and Asia?

I know Digex has presence in US and EU, but no managed hosting in Asia. I think for cost/benefit, its hard to pass on Rackspace. (you can push them pretty good on their numbers... especially if you are moving 1.5 racks). I really liked Digex, but it started to get a bit expensive once we wanted to start scaling up.

Yes. We have one provider for the US and UK. We are going to start to expand into asian market. Spending over 50k on hosting and get treated like crap...no thanks...we will take our business elseware. heh.

Back