• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Looking for some mobo help

oneil

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
451
I bought a refurbished comp last boxing day, and have been upgrading away at it ever since. After putting in the new power supply recently, I realise the biggest problem with my system is the motherboard. Up to then I didnt worry too much about it but it has become such a bottleneck I'm now in the market to replace it.

Here are my system specs...
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (Socket 939)
PCI-E BFGTech 6600GTOC [625/1200]
1.5Gb PC2300 RAM (3x512MB)
Soundblaster Audigy 4
ATA IDE 250G Maxtor (1x)
SATA 200G (1x)
OCZ PowerStream 520W ATX12V
HP DVD-ROM
HP Litescribe DVDR-RW
Watercooled (specs in sig)

I dont plan to upgrade to SLI, but the extra PCI-E is welcome. I'm looking for something that wont bottleneck for years to come, whilst still being compatible with my current hardware. My case is an Aspire X-Dreamer II (click for pic of current inside)

Budget is not an issue as of now, but would obviously prefer something on the resonable end. Will post research in a few - work is keeping me busy :|
 
ASUS A8N-E -> $115
ASUS A8N-SLI -> $129 (Does the 4pin molex on the mobo for PCIE help much?)
 
Back
Top