• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Looking for some intern work

Patman

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
1,053
Looking for some intern work or something to get some web design experience under my belt. I guess I can help someone make a site, work on part of a site, or something web design related so I can pickup some experience. Obviously free of charge, let me know.
 
Looking for some intern work or something to get some web design experience under my belt. I guess I can help someone make a site, work on part of a site, or something web design related so I can pickup some experience. Obviously free of charge, let me know.

Are you going to school for it or in school right now? If so talk to some of the professors. They might have some ideas for you.
 
nah I don't know if its something I'd even like to study just something I'd rather pickup and learn in my free time, maybe make some money with it
 
Do you have any experience in web designs at all? Have you created any website before?
 
i'm not certain an internship is what you should be pursuing. I recommend you at least teach yourself some of the very basics of web design (HTML, CSS, Photoshop, GIMP, etc..), because i doubt anyone would be willing to take you under their wings with absolutely no experience.
 
Yeah, webdesign is best learned by doing. Buy a domain name, and some cheap hosting that includes mySQL & php and start learning as much as you can. http://www.w3schools.com is a good place to start
 
that was a fast reply, i edited my post literally 10 seconds after I posted it and noticed the mistake lol.

I am a very hands on kind of learner. So in my experience it is best to just start playing around with some basic html / php / css. Once you get good at the basics you can start learning databases and more advanced topics.

You can set up your own webserver for testing using any old computer you have laying around.

XAMPP is by far the easiest (and probably the least secure, so don't use it for a real website).
http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html
 
Back
Top