Looking for some insight on my overclock

mrmylanman

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got a P6T6 a couple months ago, open box, to replace my broken Biostar motherboard and I am pretty excited to own it. I recently bought some RAM that is compatible with it and then promptly decided to overclock my processor to see what kind of performance I can get with my unmodified (except for new fans) Lian Li PC-A05. Unfortunately I can't tell if I can run 3.8GHz stable, because I have to bump the voltage to a point where it gets too hot too quick. The problem is that hot air has a hard time exiting the case, which is another matter entirely. I made a duct from the rear fan to the CPU (airflow is reverse in this case) which helped some but temps still add up.

Anyhow, I got my 3.4GHz at 1.12Vcore which seems like it is a little low for voltage, isn't it? I am not sure because I don't see many people advertising their relatively low overclocks so I wasn't sure how good that is... haha. Are there any other settings I could possibly set that the "Auto" setting may be too high? I can go through and use trial and error, but I am still relatively new to overclocking, and was looking for anyone to chime in with their $.02 and perhaps help me out some with lower temps (by lowering some possibly too-high voltages) or maybe some simple fixes. I may try making the airflow back to normal see if that helps any, but then at that point the duct would be relatively useless maybe.

I do know that 1.12V is about as low as it'll go and still be stable. Maybe 1.11V will work but I know that 1.10V causes the computer to freeze in Prime95.

Thanks a million guys

Back