• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Looking for some insight on my overclock

mrmylanman

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
1,484
I just got a P6T6 a couple months ago, open box, to replace my broken Biostar motherboard and I am pretty excited to own it. I recently bought some RAM that is compatible with it and then promptly decided to overclock my processor to see what kind of performance I can get with my unmodified (except for new fans) Lian Li PC-A05. Unfortunately I can't tell if I can run 3.8GHz stable, because I have to bump the voltage to a point where it gets too hot too quick. The problem is that hot air has a hard time exiting the case, which is another matter entirely. I made a duct from the rear fan to the CPU (airflow is reverse in this case) which helped some but temps still add up.

Anyhow, I got my 3.4GHz at 1.12Vcore which seems like it is a little low for voltage, isn't it? I am not sure because I don't see many people advertising their relatively low overclocks so I wasn't sure how good that is... haha. Are there any other settings I could possibly set that the "Auto" setting may be too high? I can go through and use trial and error, but I am still relatively new to overclocking, and was looking for anyone to chime in with their $.02 and perhaps help me out some with lower temps (by lowering some possibly too-high voltages) or maybe some simple fixes. I may try making the airflow back to normal see if that helps any, but then at that point the duct would be relatively useless maybe.

I do know that 1.12V is about as low as it'll go and still be stable. Maybe 1.11V will work but I know that 1.10V causes the computer to freeze in Prime95.

Thanks a million guys
 
Back
Top