• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Looking for SMP related help

YARDofSTUF

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 19, 2001
Messages
1,469
I've had a long hiatus, but I'm back to folding, though not for the [H]orde(sorry :p ).

I have an i7 2600 and currently have 2 v6 clients running on a core each. I would like to use the SMP client, but only on selective cores(such as 4. 5, 6, and 7).

I've used imagecfg in the past to assign permanent affinity to and executable, but it doesn't seem to like setting an executable to any of the Hyper Threaded cores.

So I am wondering if you guys have any ideas.
 
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? One SMP client running on all 8 "cores" will get you the best PPD AFAIK.
 
Why only 'selective' cores? Are you wanting to have a few core available other thing? If you are running Windoze trying to optimize on core usage is pointless. Unless you have Windows98 which has faster printing.
 
Ya I'm running windows 7. The main reason for this, is in the summer running the SMP client on all cores/threads will get a little too hot for my liking, and there will be a couple weeks it will be left unattended.
 
Awesome, I'm retarded. I tried setting it to 50% before but it still maxed out the CPU. Which makes sense now that I think about it since each core only accounts for 12.5% .

So ya that should work fine. lol
 
Back
Top