• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Looking for Single Slot card

lepard2k1

Gawd
Joined
Jul 28, 2004
Messages
540
I'm currently running a HD7770 (FX-777A-ZNF4) and I can play my games, sparingly because of work, without issue. However, i'm in need of a single slot AMD video card with equal or better performance to this card.

I've found the R7 250E Core (R7-250E-ZNP4) but i've been out of the loop so long that I'm not certain if this is the card I should purchase.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
 
250 would be a downgrade. For upgrade purposes you should be looking for a 7870 equivalent at least (AMD 270). Used ones can be found at a nice discount atm.
 
Thanks Pylor. Since I'm explicitedly looking for a single slot card a parallel move would be okay. I found a 7850 (single slot BUT much higher wattage needs) but no 7870 or 270.

Any links?
 
I must have been napping the first time I read through, I didn't see the single slot requirement. I don't think there's a lot out there for you unfortunately. There's shorter cards, but even most mini-itx cases I've seen come with room for 2 slot cards. There might be something I haven't seen though.
 
I ran into the same issue looking for a SFF (dual slot ok) upgrade from my Nvidia GTS 250.

Such a rare product to find.
 
The R7-250E is actually a rebranded 7770, so will perform exactly the same.

Unless you are into water cooling or expensive FirePro cards, that is the fastest you can currently get from AMD in a single slot.
 
There was a single slot 7850 I remember reading about a while back. Not sure if it ever became available to buy though
 
some kind of custom water cooling would be the only upgrade possibly...well with that kind of limitation...but it could open lots of choices
 
Back
Top