• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Looking for SFF PC for Mythtv

fuxxy

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 16, 2005
Messages
94
I just recieved a 22" LCD TV for my bedroom, and I currently have a MythTV backend on my network.

I"m looking for a SFF pc to put either on the floor under my dresser, preferably AT MOST 4" tall.

This is going to be exclusively a MythTV frontend. I'm looking for suggestions as to what to get.

  • It's got to be pretty damn fast (for HD H.264 content, my P4 2.8Ghz is not fast enough, but my Core2Duo T8100 plays them just fine.
  • I'm an Intel fanboy, but if you can prove to me that AMD will do what I want without generating more heat, I'm game.
  • I would prefer onboard video with an Nvidia chipset series 8XXX or higher (The new versions of mythtv support HDPAU accelleration)
  • A PCI-E upgrade path for video card is preferable, but not necessary.
  • An HDMI display connection is preferable.
  • Digital audio out is not necessary, I'm going to be using my Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 set.(awesome, get a pair for yourself)
  • Hard drive capacity is not an issue, I'm going to be network booting from the mythtv backend.
  • Of course the basics (Onboard sound, onboard network, onboard USB) are all required.
Anyone have any suggestions?
 
Back
Top