Looking for recommendations on audio editing software.

TGA

Gawd
Ok one of the things I do at work is make custom ring tones for customers phones. I do this primarily for Nextel phones. I am looking to upgrade this PC so the time it takes to convert the files is reduced. However I also need to reduce the number of steps it takes to go from audio CD to 30second ring tone.

The way I have been doing this all is to open up WMP and rip the tracks the customer wants. Next I run it through dBpowerAMP Music Converter, making the song in to an 8bit, 8000Hz, 1 channel “mono” wav file. Next I load that wav up in Sound Recorder and clip the file down to 30 seconds or less based on what part of the song the customer wants. Once I have the 30 second clip I then need to run it through dBpowerAMP one more time to ensure it is again properly formatted.

What I am looking for is one piece of software that will allow me to rip the track from the CD. Then easily cut out the exact part of the song that I am after and then save it in the proper wav format.

Does such software exist? I don’t mind ripping the tracks with WMP, if there is a nice piece of software that will allow me to do everything else.

Back