Looking for on the ear headphones

kreidel

Limp Gawd
Anyone have experience with on ear headphones? Something of or about the same quality of sound and size as the Oculus Rift headphones would work. Preferably with mic but not necessary as I can get one separately. I am having more skin cancer cut out from my side burn area of my head so over the ears get in the way.

Grado headphone have a very good reputation for on ear headphone, never owned any tough.

Firstly, I hope that your skin cancer is properly sorted by the operation and you get to use your new headphones for many years to come.

I have been using a pair of Bose travel headphones with my Xbox for a little while (now replaced by some Steelseries over ear ones which I can use on the console and PC). They're not a current model, but the replacement is the Quietcomfort 25. They're wireless Bluetooth if you want to travel/commute but will plug into the audio output of the PC with an optional cable.

They are incredibly comfortable for extended periods mainly because they are so light and they have very little 'clamping' on your head. If you can try a pair of these out, they're well worth a go.

I use the over ear momentum's and they're amazing. Proper solid bass and great isolation. Can't speak for the on-ear versions but my experience bodes well.

A lot Audio Technica over ear headphones are effectively on-ears because of the shape of the ear pads, it ends up sitting on your ears anyway and never touches your face.

Thanks for the responses. I have looked at the Momentums but unfortunately the are a tad to large. I need to look for some higher quality in ear I guess? The old school Sony walkman style would work but the ones I have tried are horrible.

The surgery went good and I just had the stitches removed today but it will possibly be a couple months until I could manage over the ears again. And I will be having some possibly removed from my right side the way things are looking. Wear sunscreen folks!

Thanks for the responses. I have looked at the Momentums but unfortunately the are a tad to large. I need to look for some higher quality in ear I guess? The old school Sony walkman style would work but the ones I have tried are horrible.

The surgery went good and I just had the stitches removed today but it will possibly be a couple months until I could manage over the ears again. And I will be having some possibly removed from my right side the way things are looking. Wear sunscreen folks!

Good luck!

As for IEMs, I adore my Etymotic HF5s. Their other business is hearing protection, and they use the same inserts in their IEMs, so you can't hear a thing that's going on in the outside world.

Last I heard, HiFiMan made some pretty good IEMs too, but honestly it's been years since I shopped for them. In-ear in general is great route to go though.

Back