Looking for new Router. Questions

MapleSyrupMods

Bring on Titan X Volta
I currently am running a DLink DI-624 Revision C Router and wireless DLink G520 cards in the computers. I have been getting nothing but problems with the router constantly resetting itself, and have come to the conclusion that I am going to get a different one. But before I do, I have a few questions:

1.) Which is the most reliable router out right now, wirelessly speaking

2.) Will my current wireless cards will work with any other brand router?( I am assuming they just go by the band that it's on)

I have the exact router, when I updated the firmware to v2.75 I started having the same reboot issue. v2.76 fixed this (came out in Sep) but I have since switched to a WRT54G with dd-wrt for testing. So far so good.

<==not fond of Netgears

the wrt54gx4 is pretty good, from Linksys.
The DLink 4300 seems to be well liked also.

Netgear had some really good equipment in the past but ever since about 1-2 years ago they totally dropped the ball. Nothing but problems and their tech support is the worst in the industry imho.

Get the 4300 from d-link or a Linksys as suggested above. You also might want to think about getting a cheap trendnet with high gain antenna to bridge the wait for wireless n standard to be established.

Back