Looking for new great Monitor that's less strainning on my eyes

WoKeN

Weaksauce
Hey guys, hoping any one of you could help refer me to a great new monitor to buy, i've been on Newegg the past 3 days reading all reviews on the monitors I would want to buy, but I can't figure out what to get due to a lot of people complainning about TN panels, or no HDCP support, etc..

My price range is around 700, anything in the 400s is ideal, but I understand quality has a price and I'm not doing any image editing with this, mainly wanting to play games with great performance (low MS response/delay) but at the same time I don't want to sacrafice Quality for Performance especially at 700ish dollars for a computer monitor.

So specs I want;

1) HDCP Support + HDMI Inputs

2) Atleast 24 inch Display with atleast native/recommended 1920x1200 resolution

3) Very Low response time, idealy 2ms (Hard to tell from the lies the companys tell you) but no more than 8 is still okay with me

4) Good Display colors, true 1.67million (that of a high quality Panel, I'm sure you know many good ones)

5) High refresh rate (I suppose this spec helps lessen eye strain)

6) High Contrast ratio

Also would be cool if it were a gloss screen, but if matte is better when delivering color than i'm all for that. However I have no problem at all with glare, my computer set up isn't hit by light directly.

I do not care for extras such as speakers, usb ports or anything of that nature. I just want a really High performance (gaming low response time, no ghosting, tearing, refresh rate, and High contrast ratio) and High quality (true colors of a high panel standard) at 24 or more inches at 1920x1200 resolution with HDCP Support and HDMI inputs (to future proof for future video cards) High LCD Stand and glossy screen finish is a huge plus.

Also very important is to find a LCD monitor that is very easy on the eyes. I've had this Samsung 17inch LCD since 2002, and after years of use my eyes are very strainned from the LCDs, so my motivation to upgrading is to get something that will help ease tension off my eyes.

Thanks omjeremy, those suggestions in that thread really gives me a good idea of what I should be doing.

Can anyone else also give some input on what monitor I should get for gaming and good picture quality at 24 inch, also with HDCP and HDMI? No ghosting, no tearing, good contrast ratio, high refresh rate, low MS is what i'm looking for. And preferably a non TN panel

other places are better to buy monitors than newegg. Newegg return policy is very poor. Dell and costco offer satisfaction guarantee.

Back