• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Looking for new fans.

jrrandell

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
410
Hey all im looking to replace all the fans in my case for quiet ones. I dont want to lose too much performance in the process but the sound is driving me nuts. Im also going to pick up a fan controller in the process. So any susgestions would be helpful.

Some Info:
NZXT Lexa S case
5 Fans, 3 120mm 2 140mm
120mm front intake
120mm side intake
120mm back exhaust
2, 140mm top exhaust

Iv been looking at the notcua and they seem like a good choice but I hate the color, is there anything that provides similar performance but is black? anything out there

As for the fan controller im looking for something simple, Id like a 6 fan contoller with knobs, also black. It shutting fans off would be nice but not necassary. It being able to control the Heatsink is also a must, im sick of the friggen fan mate being buried in my case and not being able to control my zalman 9700.

Thanks all
 
Scythe makes some good quiet fans, personally for high performing low noise I like these:

120MM- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N=-1&isNodeId=1&Description=Scythe+slipstream

140mm- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185157

There is some question as to the reliability of sleeve vs ball bearing, but really the sleeves should last you a good bit and they are quieter. In that list above, I would select what you think you want. Remember even if you get the higher RPM fans, you can still use your rheobus controller and turn them down and they will be more quiet.

For the fan controller I highly recommend this:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...Controller_-_Black_PL-RS-6.html?tl=g47c17s817
 
Back
Top