• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Looking for new computer speakers.

That looks like what you want. Good deal for that receiver and speakers. Not the greatest speakers mind you. For a small room you should be golden if you want 5.1.
 
I also looked at some 2.1 setups like the Promedias and The corsair Sp2500 but i think id rather go for a 5.1 setup but im not sure
 
If you care more about music, the general consensus seems to be that a good 2.1 setup would serve you best. Now, you could go ahead and purchase one of those setups you linked to, which would give you a basic 5.1 setup, and if you find the quality of the speakers to be lacking, you could easily swap them out for a nicer set of speakers.

Basically it comes down to this; Do you want a decent 5.1 setup or a much better 2.1 setup for about the same price? Keep in mind that most music is stereo, and the additional channels provided by the 5.1 wouldn't necessarily give you a better listening experience.
 
Yeah thats true, but im leaning too a 5.1 system because i flat out love in movies when you hear all the shooting all around you.....but are you saying that i can get a flat out amazing 2.1 system that will sound better then the 5.1 system?
 
Plus im 15, not the flat out audiophobe but i am pretty picke with sound......One of my familey members has a yamaha system and i thought it sounded pretty good....I just remeber racing and hearing everything sorround me in sound and i really liked it...

Sorry for spelling about the worst speller out there......
 
Yeah thats true, but im leaning too a 5.1 system because i flat out love in movies when you hear all the shooting all around you.....but are you saying that i can get a flat out amazing 2.1 system that will sound better then the 5.1 system?

Yes, it is perfectly possible to get a 2.1 system that will sound immensely better than some cheap "box set" 5.1 setup, for close to the same price, especially if you have no issues with buying used audio equipment. There are some great deals out there. If you shop around, you could easily slap together a good 2.1 that can be expanded to a 5.1 in the future if you want to do so.

Also, no big deal, I'm only 17 myself. ;)

Oh, and the term is "Audiophile", not "Audiophobe", that would imply a fear of music.
 
Yes, it is perfectly possible to get a 2.1 system that will sound immensely better than some cheap "box set" 5.1 setup, for close to the same price, especially if you have no issues with buying used audio equipment. There are some great deals out there. If you shop around, you could easily slap together a good 2.1 that can be expanded to a 5.1 in the future if you want to do so.

Also, no big deal, I'm only 17 myself. ;)

Oh, and the term is "Audiophile", not "Audiophobe", that would imply a fear of music.

Wow thats pretty sad.....i got that pretty wrong......

I usually stay away from used stuff I don't know why. Audio is where I am flat out clueless, so I couldn't tell what is good and what is bad...although I do know the sony bookshelf system im using isn't well its bad i think. I like klipsch but There expensive......
 
For music/games, I would go with a 2.1 setup personally. I have ProMedia 2.1's and really love them, but I don't know how they compare to a decent 5.1 setup.

Check some reviews on the Corsair SP2500's as well.
 
For music/games, I would go with a 2.1 setup personally. I have ProMedia 2.1's and really love them, but I don't know how they compare to a decent 5.1 setup.

Check some reviews on the Corsair SP2500's as well.

I've read reviews on the Corsair SP2500's and some said they were better then the ProMedias, But i use my speakers to fill the house with sound (when parents arn't home and doing chours) That's my only fear with getting a smaller system, Plus I like alot of "basse" music and I've heard the Promedias they sound great, I just don't know if they will be as loud and as powerfull as I want. I wish I could find speakers that sounded as good or better then the Promedias but were louder. One of my friends had a amazing theater and the sub was amazing if you turned it up and it sounded great...I just wish I could find something like that..
 
For $300, get a 2 channel system.

If you're allowed to use craigslist, you can find some truly fantastic deals. If not, then consider using eBay and Audiogon.
 
For $300, get a 2 channel system.

If you're allowed to use craigslist, you can find some truly fantastic deals. If not, then consider using eBay and Audiogon.

Ok but heres the issue is that i have no idea what im doing.......
 
The corsair is overpriced for what you're getting. The onkyo you listed should have better SQ, more power, and expandability.

Or just get a receiver and some speakers, and add on until you get what you're looking for.
 
The corsair is overpriced for what you're getting. The onkyo you listed should have better SQ, more power, and expandability.

Or just get a receiver and some speakers, and add on until you get what you're looking for.

i would love to do that but honestly i can build a computer fine but i can not pick out speakers...... Its my worst feild......all i know is that klipsch are amazing and that polk audio isnt bad and for a receiver yamaha is pretty good....
 
Ok but heres the issue is that i have no idea what im doing.......

It's pretty simple. :)

Step 1: Find a cheap, but quality receiver for about $100 (at most)

Step 2: Watch out for speakers on closeout at retail stores and online

Step 3: Buy speakers for $200 that you like.

When I was 15, I started out the Pioneer A-35r Integrated amp and the Sony SS-K70ED (I miss those speakers), I've owned many different setups since then though.

Personally I'd take a look the $150 Polk RTi4, find a good receiver (I'm partial to Denon, Marantz, and Pioneer Elite), and add an HSU or SVS subwoofer later down the line.

EDIT: Go to Best Buy's Magnolia Hi-Fi section and listen to many speakers. Take someone a bit older so they take you seriously.

Don't go in thinking X or Y brand is better than another. Klipsch makes some expensive models that I can't stand and Polk makes some incredible stuff too.
 
It's pretty simple. :)

Step 1: Find a cheap, but quality receiver for about $100 (at most)

Step 2: Watch out for speakers on closeout at retail stores and online

Step 3: Buy speakers for $200 that you like.

When I was 15, I started out the Pioneer A-35r Integrated amp and the Sony SS-K70ED (I miss those speakers), I've owned many different setups since then though.

Personally I'd take a look the $150 Polk RTi4, find a good receiver (I'm partial to Denon, Marantz, and Pioneer Elite), and add an HSU or SVS subwoofer later down the line.

EDIT: Go to Best Buy's Magnolia Hi-Fi section and listen to many speakers. Take someone a bit older so they take you seriously.

Don't go in thinking X or Y brand is better than another. Klipsch makes some expensive models that I can't stand and Polk makes some incredible stuff too.

Ok thank you :)
 
Back
Top