Looking for multiboot video

Bird222

[H]ard|Gawd
Does anybody remember a video where some guy had installed like 18 or 20 OS's on one computer? I have searched but I can't find it.

I couldn't find it either but a Google search gave a gazillion results on installing multiple operating systems on a PC.

The amount os meh to accomplish. To avoid headaches, install all Windows OS's first, from the oldest to the newest and then install Linux (or whatever you want), second.

The amount os meh to accomplish. To avoid headaches, install all Windows OS's first, from the oldest to the newest and then install Linux (or whatever you want), second.
Yep, things generally go fine as long as you don't install Windows after some other OS. It's not accidental that Windows wipes all alternative OSes from your computer during the install. Wink, wink.

Yep, things generally go fine as long as you don't install Windows after some other OS. It's not accidental that Windows wipes all alternative OSes from your computer during the install. Wink, wink.

Our opinions differ here, but we can save that for another thread. Wink, wink.

Our opinions differ here, but we can save that for another thread. Wink, wink.
Heh auntie, I know we have had differences in opinion. I'm having a vacation overseas at the moment so I chose to read and reply to my ignored content ;) I'm always good for a fresh opposing opinion even when my work stress says otherwise.

I've had Windows followed by 5 Linux distro's all multi boot, really simple provided you install Windows first. However when it comes to Windows 10 I seriously suggest installing on separate hard drives and using the UEFI/bios boot menu to select OS's. Nothing against Windows 10, but it has an uncanny tendency to mess with Grub which has an uncanny tendency to ruin your day.

Like everyone else is saying, Windows first followed by however many Linux installations you want.
If you plan to use the operating system that has a fruit as their logo (hint hint), be sure to do your research. Especially when it comes to the vanilla version, it wants to control your whole hard drive and wipe everything.
Good luck. Have fun.

I've had Windows followed by 5 Linux distro's all multi boot, really simple provided you install Windows first. However when it comes to Windows 10 I seriously suggest installing on separate hard drives and using the UEFI/bios boot menu to select OS's. Nothing against Windows 10, but it has an uncanny tendency to mess with Grub which has an uncanny tendency to ruin your day.

For what it's worth, I have W10 and Linux Mint 18.3 on the same drive, different partitions, and have for years with no issues. If Windows 10 is installed first, you won't have issues.

Also, I am 100% sure this boot setup was Windows 7 and Linux and I just ran the W10 upgrade and no grub issues.

For what it's worth, I have W10 and Linux Mint 18.3 on the same drive, different partitions, and have for years with no issues. If Windows 10 is installed first, you won't have issues.

Also, I am 100% sure this boot setup was Windows 7 and Linux and I just ran the W10 upgrade and no grub issues.

Good to hear!

Well there you go, install Windows first and you should be good to go. :)

Does anybody remember a video where some guy had installed like 18 or 20 OS's on one computer? I have searched but I can't find it.

Do you mean multi boot or something like setting up unraid pushing 5+ os's at the same time?

I'm pretty sure it was multi boot. For geeks it was just a cool video to see somebody be able to have all those different OS's installed.

Sounds like a segment from an old show called "The Screen Savers". The guy installed every version of Windows up to XP, some distros of Linux I can't remember, and maybe some variants of BSD. He used XOSL to boot and manage each OS partition.

Back