Looking for mousepad recommendations..

Chix4mat

Gawd
Joined
Aug 31, 2003
Messages
793
I'm looking to buy a decent mousepad.. ones that's especially good for gaming and whatever else. Not looking for something crazy expensive, but one that's decent.

I don't *really* need a mousepad, but I want to see if it will improve gaming at all.. since I am just using it on my desk. I also don't have that large a space, since I have a smaller desk. The mouse I am using is a MX1000, if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any help!
 
Basically, up untill now ive had a very cheap mouse pads... cheap pastic things given by the OEM computer maker... and once i had one with a gell wrist pad which was so small.

About a year ago i ordered a RATPADZ GS and ill just quickly explain my experience with it.

My microsoft optical mouse moves much less when on the ratpadz then on other plastic ones ive used (and my desk). Some people like their mouse to glid, and this is not the best one for that. It provides much more of a "sure movement". It goes where you put it.

The thing is super easy to clean up, just ploop a little water on it, and wipe it dry. The rubber feet on the mouse pad itself are amazing. This thing will not move if you apply even a slight pressure on it. Mine has not bent out of shape at all, so that's nice.

What i really liked about this, is that its so cheap compared to some other pads.

Another nice thing about it, is that its not "too" big. Right now im in a very small dorm room at college, and the desk is very small. The way the mouse pad is designed, with the curve in the center, i just turn the mouse pad 90º and it "fits" to my microsoft keyboard (the picture shows this better)
comp13.jpg


For the price i paid (around 15$ i got it from newegg), im very happy with it.
 
towert7 said:
Basically, up untill now ive had a very cheap mouse pads... cheap pastic things given by the OEM computer maker... and once i had one with a gell wrist pad which was so small.

About a year ago i ordered a RATPADZ GS and ill just quickly explain my experience with it.

My microsoft optical mouse moves much less when on the ratpadz then on other plastic ones ive used (and my desk). Some people like their mouse to glid, and this is not the best one for that. It provides much more of a "sure movement". It goes where you put it.

The thing is super easy to clean up, just ploop a little water on it, and wipe it dry. The rubber feet on the mouse pad itself are amazing. This thing will not move if you apply even a slight pressure on it. Mine has not bent out of shape at all, so that's nice.

What i really liked about this, is that its so cheap compared to some other pads.

Another nice thing about it, is that its not "too" big. Right now im in a very small dorm room at college, and the desk is very small. The way the mouse pad is designed, with the curve in the center, i just turn the mouse pad 90º and it "fits" to my microsoft keyboard (the picture shows this better)
comp13.jpg


For the price i paid (around 15$ i got it from newegg), im very happy with it.

w00t is that a TI-36x solar?. Koosh balls! - man ur so reminding me of middle school. I used the calc and played with Koosh. and btw, nice monitor - looks expensive.


one word of caution about the nice Ratzpad - if you game heavily it is possible for the surface to visibly wear out after only a few months of use. If you're fairly casual, it'll be worth it.
 
vamp said:
w00t is that a TI-36x solar?. Koosh balls! - man ur so reminding me of middle school. I used the calc and played with Koosh. and btw, nice monitor - looks expensive.


one word of caution about the nice Ratzpad - if you game heavily it is possible for the surface to visibly wear out after only a few months of use. If you're fairly casual, it'll be worth it.

Yea, i like the monitors, its a slow 19" sony, but it looks great. And yea, that is a TI-36X solar ^_^... (i have other calculators for other classes, haha). and yea, i have 3 koosh balls.

Vamp is right about it wearing down. When i first had it, the bumps were a little more noticeable. My RATPADZ GS logo is wearing off, but that's no biggy. Honestly, i know there is a diffrence between when it was new and what its like now, but when playing a FPS game or whatnot, i can't tell. Works pretty much the same for me.... just makes less noise, lol.
 
Cool, thanks a lot for the help!

I don't game *that* much.. I mostly work on my websites and all that other internet junk. I don't even play that many FPS, even though I love em.. maybe a new mousepad will make me want to play more :)

That pad looks like it will fit where I need it perfectly! I'll go order one now, thanks again!
 
haha, the Ratzpad GS is horrible. Wears out in no time. Don't waste your money. I laugh when I see people jump to take the first piece of advice when they start a thread.
 
I laugh when people think people will jump at the first advice too :)

95% of the time, once someone says they are about to buy something, someone comes in and gives another recommendation.

So let's hear it!
 
dont get a ratpadz.. they wear out TOO quickly, I'm going to get a func 1030 next
 
I love my func pad too. I have the 1030, which is double-sided and has not shown any visible signs of wear in the time I've had it. I bought it about 8 months ago....
 
I replaced my worn Ratpadz GS with a Func1030. While the Func is a fairly accurate pad, and I am extremely happy with the purchase, I find it does not hold on to the desk nearly as well as the GS did. My only complaint with the Func.
 
I have an XTrac hammer, its super thin and huuuge. In fact, I have about a quarter of it just sitting under my keyboard, it's thin enough that it doesnt cause the keyboard to wobble.

The rubber backing on it grips fairly well. I bought it mostly for looks and mouse real estate. It works great in conjunction with my MX-510, so it should work fine with the MX-1000.

Word of caution, if you do get one get it from a reputable reseller, this thing will kink in shipping if it isn't properly packaged.

 
Well, worn out pad doesn't mean it'll be unusable. If it causes stickiness between the mouse, then it can be a problem. I've been using the same plastic topped foam pad for 2 years now - worn out, but not sticky so it's fine.
 
Try Icemat.
A glass pad, with very good gliding, good surferz, nice size (not very big) and its REALLY long lasting!
 
My ratpadz GS became pretty much unusable when it wore down. The parts of the pad that I tracked on most simply did not track smoothly anymore. Even using windows was irritating.
 
Get a fUNC surface 1030. Superb mousepad, and it doesn't wear out easily, unlike the ratpadz.
 
I currently have a fUnc. Its Ok, more on that later.

First, ratzpads.. UGH. I will never buy one again. OK surface..and mine warped to all hell. I guess they fixed the warping for them, but the surface is still just OK.

I like my fUnc 1030. However, if you are a heavy gamer, it will wear out just as fast as a ratzpad.

BUT, they have 2 sides, Use the side you prefer for gaming, and the other side for everyday use. That, plus Teflon tape. And Whammo. It pwns.

I am thinking of getting the glass mousepad, when i wear out my gaming side of my func. My everyday side (less bumpy) Has already worn smooth. Ive had it for 6 months.
 
I've been happy with my fUnc, but I reciently replaced it with a razer exactmat. Basically it's the same dual sided surfaces as the fUnc, but it's bonded to a piece of aluminum, so its sturdier for LANing and whatnot. Can't say anything bad about it
 
i've an xtrac ripper mouse surface. I like it a lot. of course it's just as wide as the viewable space on my 2005fpw monitor :eek: It works out great for two mice on one pad.

Not to pricey either at the egg.
 
Back
Top