Looking for more players to try out my private server

rykker

Weaksauce
Hey all,

I've got a 2Moons server setup at http://www.keilio.com and need some more players to test out all the customizations I'm doing cause I'm teaching myself how to code in php again (It's been 13 years since I last touched php)....and to get a healthy population of players. For those who don't know, 2Moons is anopen source version of OGame (I think 2Moons was based off an early alpha of OGames code) but anyways, it's a Browser Based MMO4X game where players colonize planets, build planetary infrastructure, defenses and fleets and wage war against each other. The game is persistent and tick based.

Some screenshots
2m1.jpg

2m2.jpg

2m3.jpg

Little OT but my question is; How do I, as someone who would run such a server, would make any monkey off of it?

I don't know how you would make monkeys off of a server like that, but to make money off of it, the game has a resource that's called Dark Matter, which is very very difficult to obtain, most servers charge money for a small package of Dark Matter, which in turn is used to buy ingame resource/tech/officer packages etc etc. Which I suppose is common to most browser based games, there's some sort of resource that's next to impossible to obtain that lets you purchase ingame goods that they will sell to you for money.

Monkeys, how do I make monkeys!?!?? ;)
Thanks for the explanation. I see some potential in this where you build a community of local players around it and have local in-person community events etc. Will look into it, thanks again for bringing this up.

Very interesting, probably never would have heard about this if not for seeing this post. I'll definitely check it out.

i used to play a game like this before. it was nice because you could come back at the end of each "tick" and continue on. Issue I had with it was that the player base died down and the dev left it hanging. Never found one like it that I enjoyed (or I enjoyed it, but no one else played... evil circle)

The beauty of this game, it can be played casually... so no significant investment in time is needed (unless you want to be really competitive)... a couple minutes to an hour a day if you'd like... the pace of the game is set so you can easily login while on the bus, waiting at the doctors office, browsing the web at lunch etc etc. Just login, queue up some builds, move some resources around, set a research project, launch a couple fleets and then come back in a few hours or next day and watch the results. The game is totally playable from work as I've been to 3 different companies with 3 different webfiltering vendors and none of the identified my site as a gaming site :)

Back