OmegaDL50
n00b
- Joined
- Jun 27, 2012
- Messages
- 48
I recently been looking at a Rosewill Capstone 550-M PSU.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182262
Having did extensive research on the OEM, apparently the Capstone series is based on the same platform with an identical interior design as the Super Flower Golden Green PSUs which is also rebranded under the Kingwin Lazer Gold and the NZXT Hale90 series of PSUs.
Looking at several websites for several of these models all got Recommendations from JonnyGuru.com HardwareSecrets.com and some getting Silver Awards from our very own [H]ardOCP reviews.
However most of these reviews all pertain to the standard version. I can't find very little information on the Capstone M version.
As far as I can tell, the only difference is that it's a modular unit. However to me this also means it using a modular PCB in it's interior design, which tells me that the interior may very well be different then the standard version.
My reasons for researching this PSU is because of the standard models having all Japanese capacitors from Chemi-Con, solid 12v single rail readings in the load tests, gold rated efficiency, and very low ripple for the ratings in accordance to reviews, the 5 year warranty and $85 price tag are pluses.
I don't have a JonnyGuru.com forum account, so I figure I'd ask here and hope anyone can divulge any details on this particular model. Perhaps I'm missing something.
To me a PSU is perhaps the most crucial component in a PC. It's better to be safe with a high end PSU instead of a cheap one blowing up and taking out your $700+ PC parts along with it.
I am undecided between this unit and a Seasonic M2II / Antec HCG 620 unit, but reading posts and reviews over at JonnyGuru it seems this Super Flower Golden Green platform is on the same level of quality as some high-end Seasonic units.
The only thing that concerns me is the lack of MOV in this unit. However using a quality Surge Protector or UPS would fix this issue.
My PSU needs to power a i5 3750k, MSI Twin Frozr III HD 7950, (2x4GB) 8GB DDR3, with two SATA HDDs and 1 SATA DVD-Burner. and a Case with 5 fans.
If I overclock it will be done at stable levels on stock voltages only so I will not be doing any over voltages.
Any input or advice would be highly recommended.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182262
Having did extensive research on the OEM, apparently the Capstone series is based on the same platform with an identical interior design as the Super Flower Golden Green PSUs which is also rebranded under the Kingwin Lazer Gold and the NZXT Hale90 series of PSUs.
Looking at several websites for several of these models all got Recommendations from JonnyGuru.com HardwareSecrets.com and some getting Silver Awards from our very own [H]ardOCP reviews.
However most of these reviews all pertain to the standard version. I can't find very little information on the Capstone M version.
As far as I can tell, the only difference is that it's a modular unit. However to me this also means it using a modular PCB in it's interior design, which tells me that the interior may very well be different then the standard version.
My reasons for researching this PSU is because of the standard models having all Japanese capacitors from Chemi-Con, solid 12v single rail readings in the load tests, gold rated efficiency, and very low ripple for the ratings in accordance to reviews, the 5 year warranty and $85 price tag are pluses.
I don't have a JonnyGuru.com forum account, so I figure I'd ask here and hope anyone can divulge any details on this particular model. Perhaps I'm missing something.
To me a PSU is perhaps the most crucial component in a PC. It's better to be safe with a high end PSU instead of a cheap one blowing up and taking out your $700+ PC parts along with it.
I am undecided between this unit and a Seasonic M2II / Antec HCG 620 unit, but reading posts and reviews over at JonnyGuru it seems this Super Flower Golden Green platform is on the same level of quality as some high-end Seasonic units.
The only thing that concerns me is the lack of MOV in this unit. However using a quality Surge Protector or UPS would fix this issue.
My PSU needs to power a i5 3750k, MSI Twin Frozr III HD 7950, (2x4GB) 8GB DDR3, with two SATA HDDs and 1 SATA DVD-Burner. and a Case with 5 fans.
If I overclock it will be done at stable levels on stock voltages only so I will not be doing any over voltages.
Any input or advice would be highly recommended.