Looking for high quality shielded locking/smart latch 6foot ESATA-ESATA cable

mkanet

n00b
In the past, I've bought shielded 2M esata cables with no issues with quality. However, one thing that's always bugged me is the esata cables can just slip right off since there's no latch that locks them firmly into place.

While it's relatively standard to see short esata cables with a nice latch that snaps into place, I never see the 6ft ones with this type of latch.

Can someone please recommend a 6ft or 2M esata--esata external shielded cable that has this type of connector?

How do I know if it has a latch that locks? Maybe I'm missing something?

Maybe it's possible all ESATA cables dont have the ability to snap into place the way internal motherboard sata connectors do. Seems pretty lame that these esata cables can just pull right off. I already spent a great deal of money on popular shielded esata cables; however, they still can slip right in and out of the plug.

Lots of sources make custom cables. If you have a problem they can provide a solution.

Google search provided some nice looking $30 2 meter cables.

If you have a current board, it likely has a receptacle that supports retention clips and/or has some kind of retention built in. Some of the early eSATA plugs (Especially FCI and HonHai) don't have the clip receptacle, so make sure your jack supports it before you spend money on more cables.

Doesn't seem to me that the eSATA port can support a latching mechanism.

Doesn't seem to me that the eSATA port can support a latching mechanism.

Aesma - from the PDF I linked to above re: the molex PCB eSATA jack "Molex's eSATA design addresses both the mechanical and grounding concerns. Retention features such as spring clips are added on the receptacle to enhance the retention force when mated with the detents of the cable-end connector. "

Back