Looking for high-end gaming laptop

SuperSubZero

2[H]4U
I'm looking into high-end gaming laptops. Unlike most users who care about things like weight and size and battery life and whatever, I really don't. My only real concern is getting the most I can for the best price, and preferably not melting the desk the laptop will be sitting on most of the time.

I threw together an Alienware system with a Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz, 2GB RAM, Mobility X1800, Vista upgrade offer and 17" 1920x1200 screen for about $2550 on their site. So far I can't beat this price anywhere with similar options, which makes no sense since c'mon, we're talking about freakin' Alienware.

Can anyone recommend a real kicking notebook that can beat this price?

well don't know if you looked into the Sager 5760 but specs similar to the AW you have listed but with the new Nvidia 7950gtx the price would be 2640.00 @powernotebooks.com or Pctorque.com..
Now at Hypersonic they have the CX7 same as the 5760 for 2683.00 depending on HDD and with the T7400 C2D
Good luck!

I'd suggest a Dell XPS M1710. They're now shipping with the 7950GTX, which I believe is the fastest single mobile graphics chip on the market.

a Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz, 2GB RAM, Mobility X1800, Vista upgrade offer and 17" 1920x1200 screen for about $2550 on their site.

I don't know how the X1800 compare with the Nvidia 7900 GS. That's pretty much the only difference between the specs above and my Dell E1705 that I got for $1500 with a coupon.

You just have to wait/find a good coupon and get a nice dell laptop for cheaper than the competition...

Isn't Alienware... a Dell now?

most of the older alienware laptops were all sagers or clevo eurocom clones. not sure who really made them but all the other companys used that for their laptop maker. sager does have some really sweet laptops they have that new one out that has sli and a 19 in screen but the price tag on it is very steep.
a nice feature of the sager and sager clones is when you step up into the nicer ones you get a laptop that has raid!

http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.html

Back