Looking for Help with Windows Server 2003 EE config!

darkmaninc

n00b
Ok i've got Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Editon installed already just needed some help on configuring the iis, ftp, dns , pop3.
I have ran update and SP1 is now installed.
I am also running through a Linksys BEFSR41v3(Wired Router) Firmware v 1.05.00
Rig is...
AMD Duron(tm) 1300+
512mb DDR Ram
2 WD 20GB 7200rpm HD's
Cable Net : 3000mbps/456kbps (i believe that upload is correct)

If you can help me with configuration contact me via MSN : [email protected] or via Email : [email protected]
Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Brian Adair
Darkman Inc.
http://www.darkmaninc.com

I previously was hosting sites using windows xp pro on my main system... however i built this new system to run as a stand alone server and i got windows server 2003 EE because i had alot of good things about it... however i haven't ever used it before...
I want to stick with this type of os for the server so i can still use it for a file server with my home network as well...
So basically i want to set it up to use it as a web server with dns, ftp, and mail server.
i wanted to try and use the features already built into windows server 2003 EE.
As i stated already though i'm not that familiar with getting it all configured correctly.
That is why i'm looking for someone to help me configure it and get it running.

Setup IIS and use host headers to manage your sites.

FTP is the same run-around.

DNS is stupidly simple. Add your zone, add your srv records and...that's about it.

POP3? You want to host e-mail? Plan on picking up Exchange and getting a crash course in setting it up. Honestly, you can start hosting e-mail right out of the box, but you'll have to start and configure POP3. Or get another program to do this for you. I don't know of any, but I'm sure someone else does.

Honestly, get very familiar with Google because you're going to need it. There is a ton of information that you'll need to digest.

feigned said:
POP3? You want to host e-mail? Plan on picking up Exchange and getting a crash course in setting it up. Honestly, you can start hosting e-mail right out of the box, but you'll have to start and configure POP3. Or get another program to do this for you. I don't know of any, but I'm sure someone else does.
http://www.hmailserver.com

Back