Looking for help with cable pin out

Quan

n00b
Hey people, :)

I'm trying to create a T1 to Ethernet cable and I'm struggling with the pin out. Can anyone help?

Looking for help with a patch and a cross. (I don't know which will work) :confused:

it's rather complicated.

I have a microwave wireless setup that I'm connecting to my network through fiber. But getting into detail on that is just going to confuse things.

I know that Ethernet Tx/Rx on 1,2/3,6 and T1 Tx/Rx on 1,2/4,5, but I was curious which of the T1 wires are positive and which are negative on the transmit (Tx) and Receive (Rx)

Can anyone help?

Quan said:
it's rather complicated.

I have a microwave wireless setup that I'm connecting to my network through fiber. But getting into detail on that is just going to confuse things.

I know that Ethernet Tx/Rx on 1,2/3,6 and T1 Tx/Rx on 1,2/4,5, but I was curious which of the T1 wires are positive and which are negative on the transmit (Tx) and Receive (Rx)

Can anyone help?

You can't go directly from a T1 signal into Ethernet. The physical voltages and protocols are entirely different. You would need to put either a T1 enabled router or bridge in place to handle the conversion of data from Ethernet to T1.

Thanks for your response.

I'm not actually going directly from a T1 to Ethernet. The microwave transmitter/receiver uses a T1 pin out and my Fiber equipment only seems to handle traffic on pins 1236.

Back