Looking for help ! 4870 to new HDTV: no signal upon windows 7 load

Drewis

Limp Gawd
Hey guys. Bought a brand new 120hz philips TV. picture is stunning... anyhow..
Im trying to connect it to my 4870 512mb with the included DVI to HDMI adapter.

When I boot my PC up, the BIOS screen is outputting at full 1080p, everything is centered and CRYSTAL clear. as soon as the windows 7 colors dissapear, no signal.

CCC detects my TV as 'generic' no model, nothing, so I cannot set a resolution or anything.

Things I have tried:

Setting the HDTV to primary
Setting my desktop (primary) to an HDTV supported, most basic resolution. (480p)
HDMI cable is fine.
Both DVI ports.
All HDMI ports on the TV.
Booting with just the TV.

Ive been reading alot on the ATI forums and I know this is a known issue with ATI, however someone here has to have some idea whats going on.

Thanks!

Try to connect in different port

lol did you read his entire post?

sorry i cant help drewis.. having a total brainfart today because i know how to fix this but its not coming to mind how to do it.. and since the CCC gui has changed since the last time i used it i'd probably just confuse you even more..

only thing coming to mind right now is maybe playing with the overscan settings.. see if that helps.. but my guess is that the chip in the TV isnt configured for the correct resolution.. and windows vista/7 use the chip in the tv to set that resolution.. nvidia's drivers can bypass it but ATI's dont.. known problem with some of the dell 24" monitors on ati cards as well..

no problem :)

there isnt much knowledge out there on this issue on google.. believe me ive tried..

but your thought is like mine, something to do with the HDMI handshake on ATI cards, dont like alot of HDTV's........ and yes, CCC has gotten worse IMHO. ATI's drivers need to improve... i think im gonna go back to Nvidia.. too bad their used cards arent as cheap price/performance as ATI's are.

EDIT: Component works, but is oh so crappy. was looking forward to dragon age at full 1080p.

Try this: uninstall ati drivers and CCC completely, run driver sweep, then reboot plug in screen and boot. See if you get into windows or not this time.

will try. i think i tried it with my LCD and my TV in, but ill take the LCD off... ill uninstall then try to boot with only the TV.

hey it worked !

i have no ati driver installed ATM but im typing right now.

wonder if its going to work when I install the drivers so I can actually use my video card.
win7 still detects as default monitor.

ati what a joke. their drivers disabled my hdtv lol.

guess theres nothing i can do but buy an nvidia card?

Nvidia may have the same fate possible due to the 120 mhz thing. But why not buy a cheap 40$ 8400 and see if it works or not.

for all wondering.. nvidia works fine.
tried it with someones pc that im repairing... ATI needs to get their drivers in order heh....

Well the same thing could be said about Nvidia, they have their own issues at the driver level as well.

Back