Looking for good somewhat cheap and small laptop...

nekrosoft13

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking for a good newish small and somewhat cheap laptop.

I'm not a laptop guy, most of the time I use my desktop, and I don't want to spend to much money on it.

I'm looking for something in 13-14 inch size, so it can fit into my messenger bag when I go on longer photography outings...

a USB-C charge would be nice, but not necessary.

i3/i5 are ok, i7 would be good too.

I would like at least few USB ports, 1-3

something in $850 range.

I was looking at Dell Inspiron 5000 and 7000 series, seem to have decent specs and price, but the screen really sucks, at least all the models I seen in the store... I could have gotten a 7th gen i7 7000 series for $660, great price, but that screen .....

Was looking at Lenovo Yoga 910, and HP Envy and Spectre series...

Even the razer blade stealth, but then I read that razer voids your warranty if you open the bottom cover...

Gigabyte Aero 14, would probably be the biggest size I would go for, cheapest model is $1000, so that stretching the budget, but looks like a decent laptop.

any recommendations?

Entry-level Dell XPS 13 (the conventional version, not the 2-in-1)? $799, all the expansion you need and one of the smaller 13-inch laptops out there. You won't get much RAM or storage, but it'll more than fit the bill if you're just looking for a photography companion and basic usage.

I recently bought a used, darn near like new Thinkpad X250 off eBay for $350 with remaining warranty. Batteries still hold 12+ hour charge.
Swapped an IPS screen into it and an SSD I had laying around. Pretty hard to beat computer.
Has an i5 and 8gb RAM, plenty fast.

Lots of good deals on Thinkpads that are not all that old on eBay.

looking at used latitude e7470 now

6th gen i5
1440p 14 inch screen with gorilla glass
128gb ssd (can be upgraded to nvme)
8gb ram (can be upgraded to 32gb ddr4)
3 year on-site warranty
for 789

Back