Looking For Good Quality Headphones

Spike23

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, i've decided its time i need a good set of headphones for my ears.
Does anyone have any good recommendations? I was hoping to also use it for my computer as well as my mp3 or something. I got tired of using my crappy headphones lol, i broke two already =P. My budget range is like around 50-80bucks

Well if anyone has time leave a shout =D thanks all.

Lots of stuff you can choose from. Common suggestions would be AKG K81DJ, Sennheiser HD555, and Audio Technica A500.

m3ta1head said:
Lots of stuff you can choose from. Common suggestions would be AKG K81DJ, Sennheiser HD555, and Audio Technica A500.

they said 50-80. not 90-140

m3ta1head said:
K81DJ is $50-60, a500 is $60-80, hd555 is $70-100. What gives...

i see Audio Technica A500 go as low as 89, and high as 150.

555 goes as low as 100 and as high as 170

the k81dj is the only one thats in his price range, and even those are at the end of his range.

saoxcore said:
i see Audio Technica A500 go as low as 89, and high as 150.

555 goes as low as 100 and as high as 170

the k81dj is the only one thats in his price range, and even those are at the end of his range.

Clearly, you're looking at new prices from etailers. That's your first and foremost mistake.

saoxcore said:
i wouldnt want used headphones, personally.

Used? More like, burnt in. Second hand headphones are always better than brand new ones (assuming they are in new condition) because the drivers have had time to properly burn in with the first owner.

Ehh... Im no expert, but the Icemat Siberia is pretty damn nice.. excellent mic, very comfortable.. etc. :) A nice step up from the generic WalMart ones I was using before :p

m3ta1head said:
Used? More like, burnt in. Second hand headphones are always better than brand new ones (assuming they are in new condition) because the drivers have had time to properly burn in with the first owner.

i like the whole process of reading about all these headphones, finding out the best one for me, ordering it. getting it. its all new and unopened. and then burning them in and stuff myself.

its just not the same if its used.

m3ta1head said:
Do you want something that's going to be on your ears for many hours that may have been sweat on, spat on, or touched after someone had been rigorously scratching their crotch?

Eagle156 said:
Do you want something that's going to be on your ears for many hours that may have been sweat on, spat on, or touched after someone had been rigorously scratching their crotch?

Heh, I only buy from people who take the utmost care of their headphones (like, put them on stands, store when not in use, clean them thoroughly everyday)

Not everyone abuses their stuff, you know... :rolleyes:

m3ta1head said:
Heh, I only buy from people who take the utmost care of their headphones (like, put them on stands, store when not in use, clean them thoroughly everyday)

lol who has to clean their headphones thorougly everyday?

haha thanks yea =P, i dunno was planning on gettting anything used.
Though anyone have a good site to recommend to buy online?

I had bad experience lately with something i purchased online.
Also thanks for all your feedback guys.

m3ta1head said:

Don't buy anything from me lol...

I'm pretty sure my HD-497's were built to take the abuse. I've had them for at least four years and I throw them in my backpack, throw them off my head in fits of angry gaming rage :D, and generally just don't treat them with a lot of care. Everything snaps on and off very securely still, the phones sound as good as ever, I've never had to replace anything, and they don't look too bad either. Maybe if I'd spent more on the cans I would be more concerned about taking care of them but I think they're built to last, especially cans like the 497's. :)

ATH-A500's. Got 'em, love 'em.

Bought 'em used to boot. Used is the only way to roll, in all aspects of computers except hard drives.

Go to headfi if you want to get used headphones from audiophiles with headphone OCD.

Back