• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Looking for Good LCD... Native 1600x1200

USMC2Hard4U

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Apr 4, 2003
Messages
6,157
Hello :)

I am currently putting together a new system and was going to go with a 19 inch LCD with some insane low response time or whatever, but I really dont care about all that anymore. Of Course the lower response the better but my main goal is, I want a really good, vibrant picture. Very Crisp and Clear, Has to be DVI of course, and Native Res of 1600x1200. What do I need? Every LCD i look at is 1280x1024. Do I need to go bigger than 19 inch? if so, thats all good. Any suggestions?

Price, Anywehre really. Below 1000$

And I am not really into widescreen I dont think. :) thankss
 
Dell 2001FP (2005FP maybe too). Mine should be here Monday. I picked up a Samsung 930b and it is real nice, but 1280x1024 is to low of a res for me at 19".
 
USMC2Hard4U said:
Hello :)

I am currently putting together a new system and was going to go with a 19 inch LCD with some insane low response time or whatever, but I really dont care about all that anymore. Of Course the lower response the better but my main goal is, I want a really good, vibrant picture. Very Crisp and Clear, Has to be DVI of course, and Native Res of 1600x1200. What do I need? Every LCD i look at is 1280x1024. Do I need to go bigger than 19 inch? if so, thats all good. Any suggestions?

Price, Anywehre really. Below 1000$

And I am not really into widescreen I dont think. :) thankss

Samsung 204T should be available any day now, 20" PVA panel (satisfies the good picture quality requirement), 16ms and 1600x1200.

Product link here.
 
people say dell but i just don't see why. newegg.com has lots of good monitors, try viewsonic and lg.
 
AllStarShop has a good price on it, according to Froogle. 16ms? Thought Samsung was going all out with it's 8ms stuff, but hey, I've seen people frag on their 24ms screens without flinching (and oh, are they pretty next to those crappy TN's).

I'd have to assume that there's just not a whole lot to spend someone's pay on in Iraq- though I guess that depends on where you are- but by chance are you actually going to blow your earnings on this rig when you get back, devildog? I know I felt the same way (and did the same thing) when I was in Afghanistan...
 
I am finally going to build my self a top of the line and then some PC when I get back. I will spend approx half of what I make out here which is about 6000$ on everything including Monitor(s) and Speakers etc. I have so long build just ok Machines every time, this time its going to be different ;)
 
Fast response- but it is day over there right now, go figure- though I've personally gone through that phase (been building these things for 10 years now, or since I was 12), I know how you feel- and it's nice to look foreward to doing something you enjoy when you get back. Stay alive devildog, I'll see you around the forums.
 
Dell 2001FP's are $524.30 with coupon code 1QD1X5X67QWVBQ right now (30% off good til the 28th I think). Dell runs these kinds of offers all the fricking time. Plus if you hit Hotdeals there's a contact listed under a thread for the 2405FPW for $840, and she can probably hook you up with a non-widescreen one, possibly for a bit less.
 
IdiotInCharge said:
AllStarShop has a good price on it, according to Froogle. 16ms? Thought Samsung was going all out with it's 8ms stuff, but hey, I've seen people frag on their 24ms screens without flinching (and oh, are they pretty next to those crappy TN's).

I'd have to assume that there's just not a whole lot to spend someone's pay on in Iraq- though I guess that depends on where you are- but by chance are you actually going to blow your earnings on this rig when you get back, devildog? I know I felt the same way (and did the same thing) when I was in Afghanistan...


IdiotInCharge, those are great monitors.

why do people buy dell, why? can anyone say?
 
Because Dell sells good monitors for cheap.

I got my P1130 21" Trinitron as a refurb for like $200 or so. I'm getting a 2405FPW 24"WS for $840...the nearest competition is from the Apple Cinema units (of which the top two models are smaller and larger) which cost several times as much. Plus mine has more features and excellent performance.
 
The specs are pretty decent, and if the 204T ends up at one of the local joints I'm definately buying it...but not over the net. I've rolled snake eyes twice now...and RMAing monitors sucks, lol.
 
Anyone got a 204T yet? Just curious, looks like a really nice monitor, and I'm looking for a nice LCD with a minimum 1600x1200 resolution that costs < $600. I'm also considering the Dell, however I'm a little worried about the screendoor effect. This Samsung has better specs too (contrast ratio for one), so I'm interested.
 
USMC2Hard4U said:
Hello :)

I am currently putting together a new system and was going to go with a 19 inch LCD with some insane low response time or whatever, but I really dont care about all that anymore. Of Course the lower response the better but my main goal is, I want a really good, vibrant picture. Very Crisp and Clear, Has to be DVI of course, and Native Res of 1600x1200. What do I need? Every LCD i look at is 1280x1024. Do I need to go bigger than 19 inch? if so, thats all good. Any suggestions?

Price, Anywehre really. Below 1000$

And I am not really into widescreen I dont think. :) thankss


Did you decide on anything yet? I'm pretty much in the exact same boat as you.
 
Clear said:
Did you decide on anything yet? I'm pretty much in the exact same boat as you.
Accually I have not really decided what Monitor I am going to get yet. More and more the Dell 2405 Widescreen is looking very appealing.
 
Back
Top