Looking for good basic player with album art.

plywood99

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
1,666
Hey all,
Just as title says Need a basic media player that supports album artwork. Nothing fancy or the like and smaller is better. And no Itunes. TIA...


Ply
 
I dont think hes an audiophile, so lets keep it simple, Windows Media Player 11
 
WMP 11 is sluggish and its not all that great for finding stuff.

I use mediamonkey. Its got everything you'll ever need and then some. Probably the best media player for huge libraries, its quick, makes mass tagging of files an easy task, and supports album art and can download and tag album art with just a couple mouse clicks.
 
WMP is getting awfully good. I just wish there was a way to remove all the music store branding V11 has embedded. It irritates me.
 
I dont think hes an audiophile, so lets keep it simple, Windows Media Player 11

Actually, I'm quite the audio nut. With a special love for iems.
Have owned.
E2c
D-Jays
Q-Jays
Jvc fx55
Vibes
Superfi 5pro
Um2
Several others I can't think of atm.
And my current favorite, the Shure SE310. Played through a Trekstor Vibez, aka Rio Karma reincarnated.


Really sick of all the bloat in most audio players. Hate WMP and would uninstall it if I could. The foobar setup sounds interesting. Tried MediaMonkey and it messed up some of my mp3 tags. :mad: But it did a good job of imbedding art into my mp3's.

Hmm, the Foobar setup does sound like the best atm. Will have to give it a try...


Ply
 
Windows media player shouldn't be anywhere near music. There is an injunction on it and its horridness.
 
Mediamonkey is my favorite and I have tried almost everything else. MM supports Winamp plugins and with the ASIO output plugin allows bit perfect playback with my Revo 5.1. The player supports file conversion with Lame, FLAC or APE. Mass tagging is supported. Library management features are extensive. There is great offline and online help plus a forum. I can't find any reason to move to any other player. My library contains about 40,000 files.
 
Actually, I'm quite the audio nut. With a special love for iems.
Have owned.
E2c
D-Jays
Q-Jays
Jvc fx55
Vibes
Superfi 5pro
Um2
Several others I can't think of atm.
And my current favorite, the Shure SE310. Played through a Trekstor Vibez, aka Rio Karma reincarnated.


Really sick of all the bloat in most audio players. Hate WMP and would uninstall it if I could. The foobar setup sounds interesting. Tried MediaMonkey and it messed up some of my mp3 tags. :mad: But it did a good job of imbedding art into my mp3's.

Hmm, the Foobar setup does sound like the best atm. Will have to give it a try...


Ply


In that case, foobar all the way.
 
Back
Top