Looking for game recommendations

I just finished Metro 2033/Last Light and feel really empty now that they're gone. Can anyone suggest another game for me to dive into? The only real criteria I have is that it has to have a great story. I enjoy most genres of gaming so I'm not too picky. I just want to see what others enjoy and would recommend.

Deus Ex: Human Evolution
Fallout 3 and NV
System Shock 2
Planescape
Dishonored
Alan Wake
X-Com Enemy Unknown
Dragon Age 1
Batman AA & AC
Dead Space 1-3
Mass Effect 1-3

Second Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I've heard only good things about Bioshock: Infinite, but have not played it yet. I greatly look forward to it.

Fallout 3 & New Vegas will give you hundreds of hours of play each. There are main story lines, and there are side-stories. Virtually everywhere you go, you'll find a little piece of storytelling.

Have you played To The Moon? Probably one of the best stories in a game, and it's cheap.

Have you played To The Moon? Probably one of the best stories in a game, and it's cheap.

+1 to the moon has one of the best storylines in recent history. Don't be turned off by the graphics, once you get into the story the graphics won't be a factor.

stalker series
hotline Miami weird story but thought provoking. plus epic violence mixed with awesome music.

Witcher series
Mass Effect series
Batman: Arkham series
Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Last edited:
I've played the Bioshocks, Mass Effects, and Batmans. To the Moon sounds interesting so I'll check that out. Deus Ex is also on sale so I might have to give that a try as well. Thanks everyone!

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl + Complete mod, if you like bleak Metro you will love this. It's harder and not so run and gun. Take your time and treat it more like an RPG.
Bastion was a great 6 hour experience
The Witcher 1 and 2

I've played the Bioshocks, Mass Effects, and Batmans. To the Moon sounds interesting so I'll check that out. Deus Ex is also on sale so I might have to give that a try as well. Thanks everyone!

Deus Ex is amazing. My only advice is to get perks that allow you to explore and take hidden paths. If you try to play it as a shooter, you'll probably get bored quickly (at least that's what happened to me).

Smite if you enjoy MOBA style games and want to be able to play Gods from various pantheons. It's in 3rd person perspective (FPS style) and requires you to actually be skilled with aiming. Not the typical over the top view like LoL/dota. Pretty fun.

Smite if you enjoy MOBA style games and want to be able to play Gods from various pantheons. It's in 3rd person perspective (FPS style) and requires you to actually be skilled with aiming. Not the typical over the top view like LoL/dota. Pretty fun.

I'm actually really enjoying this game. Totally different feel but familiar at the same time.

Back