looking for feedback on my new website.

cyr0n_k0r

Supreme [H]ardness
Any problems you guys can find would be great! I checked everything for spelling and I am hoping all the grammer is correct, but if anyone sees anything that needs some work please let me know.

I tried my best to get the tables working correctly in firefox, however the site was mainly coded for IE. If you notice there is a small amount of difference between the IE version and the firefox version simply because IE is stupid and handles code differently than any other browser.

Check the site and let me know what you think.
FYI, there is a thread in the networking forum asking for help load testing my server for my new business. If anyone would like to help out here is the link.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1083791

http://www.korcomputing.com

I use dreamweaver but refuse to use any of the wysiwyg. I just like dreamweavers color coding.

It's a little dark for my taste, but it looks nice. :)

Kor Computing
Business Overview
etc.

The bolded parts above are hard to read because there's not enough contrast against the background.

Make the logo a link to the home page, people expect that. I'd get rid of the mystery meat nav icons at the top right. Why a link to google that takes you away from the site?

Are you designing for 640x480? Because there's a whole lotta margin on both sides at 1024x768.

Ordering - I'm not seeing that I'm on a secure page when it requests credit card info. :eek:

"I have read and agree to the Terms of Use" - Make "Terms of Use" a link. Yeah, I know it's not far away, but don't make them have to look for it.

"Kor Computing provides an automatic way to backup your companies sensitive information..." - should be "company's" - that's the only typo that jumped out at me.

I'd agree that a little more contrast between the background and some of the text would be nice. I can read it fine, but I am on a high contrast LCD and my eyesight isn't going. If my father were trying to look at your site, he would probably have trouble reading it.

The mystery icons are a bit confusing, if nothing else, add a mouseover tag that states what they are.

sharpenyourteeth said:
It's not displaying correctly in win/firefox 1.5.0.6 for me. the services list is not in the right place. it's pushed down to the bottom.

http://sharpenyourteeth.net/downloads/kor.jpg
that is the problem I expect. A refresh of the page will fix that for you. It's weird and random.

The SSL isn't in place yet for the ordering page.

The link to google is a place holder

which logo should be the link to the homepage? the center top graphic .. or the image in the top left corner?

the margin is on purpose.

The terms of use on the order page is actually the text box directly above it. I don't think a link is necessary.

I will fix the company's , companies typo. thank you!

I'm using Safari and its not rendering half of the page, mainly from the 'computer services' text on down.

Otherwise it looks fine on the gecko browsers.

edit: Actually I take that back. On the gecko engine browsers (Firefox and Camino) its rendering the text in serif font.

I believe your intention is the text to be displayed in sans-serif? Coding for the Mac browers is probably a very low priority on your list. I'm just letting you know of the bugs on this side of the fence.

synergyo1 said:
I'm using Safari and its not rendering half of the page, mainly from the 'computer services' text on down.

Otherwise it looks fine on the gecko browsers.

edit: Actually I take that back. On the gecko engine browsers (Firefox and Camino) its rendering the text in serif font.

I believe your intention is the text to be displayed in sans-serif? Coding for the Mac browers is probably a very low priority on your list. I'm just letting you know of the bugs on this side of the fence.
I would love some screen shots from some of the mac browsers if you could provide any.

EDIT: I have tested the site in Safari 1.0.1 (v85.6) and I don't see any problems.

It seems Internet Explorer:mac (5.2) has a very hard time with the site. Stoping the render half way down and messing up entirely on the main page.

I will look in to this.

Where did you get the image of the dell rack of servers? I am always looking for good shots of racks(computer server racks :D ).

That shot of the rack servers was found on some random website.

The safari 2.0 problem is wierd because version 1 will render the whole page.

RyanL, thanks.

i love it man. it looks great on my screen, but how does it look with a smaller resolution? will they have to scroll around?

for me its great though

cyr0n_k0r said:
That shot of the rack servers was found on some random website.
Using graphics that you "found on some random website" isn't legal unless they specifically offered them for free use or you contacted them and received their permission. Odds are they won't ever know, but if I ever found you ripped off any of my original images, I'd be royally pissed and pursue retribution. :(

Darn. I was hoping there was some mecca of great server images at a well priced stock photography site.

Lethal said:
Using graphics that you "found on some random website" isn't legal unless they specifically offered them for free use or you contacted them and received their permission. Odds are they won't ever know, but if I ever found you ripped off any of my original images, I'd be royally pissed and pursue retribution. :(
let me re-phrase.

It was found on some random stock photo page. It might have been http://www.sxc.hu/ as I get a lot of pictures from there, but I can't remember.

people2.jpg

If those ladies actually work for you.....are you hireing? :D

It does look pretty good if you ask me. I like the splash of orange here and there but I think it could use maybe another bright color for accents to brighten it up. It is a little dreary. But other than that good job...

Steve_010 said:
people2.jpg

If those ladies actually work for you.....are you hireing? :D

It does look pretty good if you ask me. I like the splash of orange here and there but I think it could use maybe another bright color for accents to brighten it up. It is a little dreary. But other than that good job...
more stock I'm afraid! :)

Lethal said:
Are you designing for 640x480? Because there's a whole lotta margin on both sides at 1024x768.

You think it has margin at 1024x768 you should see it at 1920x1200. The margin on the sides is what really gets me too. I do like the desgin though.

the margin is mainly there for a reason. This software is more for windows servers than anything else. That means someone will be accessing the site from the server to download the software.

Most times a windows server will only have IE installed (and usually runs at an insanely low resolution. Such as 1024, or even 800x600.

The last thing I want is for a customer having to scroll all around to navigate the site.

cyr0n_k0r said:
the margin is mainly there for a reason. This software is more for windows servers than anything else. That means someone will be accessing the site from the server to download the software.

Most times a windows server will only have IE installed (and usually runs at an insanely low resolution. Such as 1024, or even 800x600.

The last thing I want is for a customer having to scroll all around to navigate the site.

You may be susprised how many people will remote into a server to run the apps which means the res can be anything. I do tend to agree with the IE installed part though. At a few places we have servers we don't even have a screen connected to them.

Yeah pretty much what he said. You only need a monitor to install the os really, which you really dont need it for that either but we wont go into how minimal you can get before needing a monitor.

Back