• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Looking for compatible liquid cooling for my case

altjx

n00b
Joined
Nov 23, 2012
Messages
42
Hey all,

I'm in the process of building a new computer, and I needed some assistance with finding a liquid cooling system for my processor -- that is if I actually need one.

Here's the case that I've purchased: Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case [http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000I5JHB0/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M3T1_ST1_dp_1]]

Also, here's the CPU that I've purchased: Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz 8 MB Cache LGA 1155 - BX80637I73770K [http://www.amazon.com/Intel-i7-3770K-Quad-Core-Processor-Cache/dp/B007SZ0EOW/ref=pd_sim_e_3]]

I am unaware of if I actually need liquid cooling, but I've heard that these processors get pretty hot. A pet peeve of mine is having a computer get really loud while in the middle of watching a movie, loading up VMware, etc.

Can someone let me know if I'd probably need a liquid cooling system, and if so, which one might be sufficient for my case?
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have the antec 900, its an AMAZING case, that i only JUST upgraded out of for my new amd rig. if you get yourself a *NICE* cooler, such as a scythe ninja (just google it) it kept my phenom II 940 at 2 deg over ambient, overclocked to 4ghz (cpu is 3ghz stock).. i have a watercooling setup on my new fx8350. this is what your concern should be.. A GOOD cooler (like the scythe ninja) will keep your cpu deciently cool.. but, it will be much noiser than the corsair h100i that i now run.. you just need to decide if you want it quiet.. (btw, for your case, get the H60 or H80 (h60i or h80i as well) because it will need to be mounted to your rear exhaust fan slot.. you cant mount a 240 mm radiator in that case, but you can mount a 120... For you? honestly? i'd suggest going watercooling with the H80.
 
I have the antec 900, its an AMAZING case, that i only JUST upgraded out of for my new amd rig. if you get yourself a *NICE* cooler, such as a scythe ninja (just google it) it kept my phenom II 940 at 2 deg over ambient, overclocked to 4ghz (cpu is 3ghz stock).. i have a watercooling setup on my new fx8350. this is what your concern should be.. A GOOD cooler (like the scythe ninja) will keep your cpu deciently cool.. but, it will be much noiser than the corsair h100i that i now run.. you just need to decide if you want it quiet.. (btw, for your case, get the H60 or H80 (h60i or h80i as well) because it will need to be mounted to your rear exhaust fan slot.. you cant mount a 240 mm radiator in that case, but you can mount a 120... For you? honestly? i'd suggest going watercooling with the H80.

So let me ask you this -- you said you have the h100i, I was actually thinking about this. Do you have to remove any of the existing fans in order to mount the radiator in there?
 
Back
Top