looking for cheap s939 + 1mb cache?

Postal Dude said:
Is anyone running an Opty on anything but the DFI board?

I'm running it on a Neo4 Plat/Non-SLI and so far success isn't as great as the DFI's I think because of the voltage regulation and maybe because these opteron's dont like TCCD on BP808 pcb's but the tccd is just speculation for now. so far i've gotten it to 290 with 5:6 divider and 1.492 volts stable with a SuperPi 8M run

Yo asianguy. I couldnt care less about 3Ghz. 2.9Ghz on less than 1.5v is AWESOME! Im on a neo2 plat at the moment. Thinkin of upgrading to the Neo4 SLI as i am used to MSI and too much horror stories from DFI, too much modding and stuff required for my liking. Anyone wanna convince me to go DFI, please PM me as im open to suggestion. Well done on 2.9 anyhow. Even tho it is a 146 :p

I'd wait to see what people say about the new revision from DFI, the SLI-DR Expert, I think it will fix a lot of the issues people have been having with the DFI nF4 boards.

HiJon89 said:
I'd wait to see what people say about the new revision from DFI, the SLI-DR Expert, I think it will fix a lot of the issues people have been having with the DFI nF4 boards.
it is my intention to obtain one by whatever means i can :D

We've gathered that the Opty is basically a relabelled SD core. Apart from the name they are basically exactly the same. With that in mind, why is the 3700+ SD 2.2Ghz 1Mb L2 £20/$40 more than the Opty 148 2.2Ghz 1Mb L2. Are ppl out there silly not to get the 148 over the 3700 or what???

interesting, as i was googling around for the opterown, i come up with this:

http://fab51.com/cpu/guide/opn-64-e.html

so i dunno if this was obvious to others before but heh, the same family of chips here includes the 3700 sandie, fx-55 and fx-77.

so then could we assume the WORST of these batches becomes the sandie, whilst the best becomes fx-77's? and then second best becomes locked multi opterown? or would the opterown trump the fx? hmmmz

do you mean fx-57? :D

my guess is that it depends on the opteron and your luck. right now, all the opterons have the same batch code as a few fx-57's, so.. they could be considered equal.

hmm so before i was thinkin i would wait on these opties till they were more in stock at all these oem distributer whatever type sites.... like not wait in on the regular retial channel jsut waitin for a while cuz it would be no big deal, but now i worry that the steppign will change and like yo uguys said, get worse with age as teh winnie and venice did, and if i have any plans to extend the life of my current system into the midlife cycle of the next set of sockets, i guess im gonna need this chip. hmmmmmmmz

where am i supposd to pull 150 outta ma ass? worse if i want the 10x multi which means 210 outta ma ass and yea i mean fx-57 my bad on that there typo

I think your gonna have a harder time finding them in stock that you are finding 150 buc...

I want one... me wants 1mb l2 so bad.... Iv got to out do my non overclocking buddie with his $1000 FX-57.....

Back