Looking for Case that holds 2 motherboards

I've been lusting after that mozart case as well. I'd love to fill that thing up with 750gb drives in a couple of raid 5 arrays. 6.75TB of storage would rock. On top of that, having a mini-itx system built in as a firewall/router, this could be the one stop shop for all your centralized SOHO networking needs!

Yeah, I'm waiting on this thing to come out too

I read the specs and it holds

- Primary: ATX, Micro ATX, BTX, Micro BTX, Nano BTX, Pico BTX
- Secondary : Mini ITX

for me i think i would use it as a file/printer server and htpc. I would get one!

Hey...not a bad case, price is a little steep, but for what I could do with something like this it would be totally worth it.

I think that TT case would be worth the money, Even though the mini ITX limit for the second MB will make it next to useless for alot of people. I think I read somewhere it will be about $250, or $350 with the 7" Drive Bay LCD screen. i was just looking at it and the biggest downer I thought of was that it had about 10 places for 120mm Fans, at $10-15 each thats $100-150 just to put fans in it. So, $350 + 150 for fans is $500 just for the Case, LCD and Fans, DAMN!

I've been thinking about getting this case too, but I'm still confused as to the practical use of it.

Any of you guys have some ideas/opinions on how and why to use two Mobos inside a single case?

Some of the things I have heard the second MB could be used for is a Firewall/Router, File Server, and a Media Center. if it could house a full size ATX or even a M-ATX it would actually make alot of sense. I also dont like that theres no external ports for the second board, I could put a Mini ITX board in alot of other cases, it really is nothing special actually.

the second MB could be used for is a Firewall/Router, File Server, and a Media Center
I still don't understand why any of these functions could not be performed by the main mobo. Especially with Dual Core becoming the norm, i don't think we need separate rigs for such tasks.

And, i agree with you that the lack of ports is silly. Also, how are we supposed to share hardware between the two rigs (DVD, PSU, hard drives, etc). or are they expecting us to double up on everything?

Once again, if there was a killer function for this kind of setup, I would buy it in a flash, and costs be damned. But I really fail to see the point.

Back