Looking for case recommendations

1Wolf

Limp Gawd
I'm still at the "researching" stage for a new gaming build and I'm looking at cases. Its been a while since I've looked at cases so I was hoping to get some recommendations of good cases that I could look into.

I REALLY like the looks of the Corsair Crystal 570X series. I like the tempered glass. I like the way it looks. I like the radiator support. However, in reviews many complain of lacking cable management and that because the tempered glass isn't "sealed" that its a dust magnet. This case is still one of my finalists but I'm interested in anything similar that you guys might recommend.

Here are some criteria:

• 360mm Radiator Support. I really like the look of a 360mm AIO Radiator in front with LED fans and a glass front panel like that Corsair Crystal 570x I mentioned. I may well end up using an AIO 280mm Radiator instead. That isn't decided yet.
  • Cost, budget, money savings, etc. is not a concern. I rarely buy a new computer case so I like them to look good and last me a long time. Even if something isn't the best deal, I'd pay it as long as everything else meets my needs.
  • PC's in my home are out in our den in the open and not hidden away in a back bedroom. I like them to look nice. I like an "upscale" look to them.
  • I really like the look of various tempered glass cases
  • Good filters, well designed, and easy to clean is a must. Dust management is very important. I have an African Grey Parrot and he makes a lot of "dust". The HEPA filters take care of most of it but without good filters that I clean often it can be a problem.
  • I like them spacious and easy to work in. I hate cramped cases. However, I think I tend to "overdo" this part. My last builds I used NZXT Switch 810 cases and while they were wonderful and spacious to work in...but they took up a HUGE amount of space and I didn't use most of the features they offered. They were largely empty and wasted with just one video card, a spindle drive, and a few SSD's. I'm thinking that with good cable management, maybe mid-tower instead of full-tower is the way to go this time.
  • I like quality. I don't like cheap crappy cases. I don't like sharp edges that cut my hands. I had a coolermaster case some years ago that was like working with a fist full of razorblades half the time.
  • Good cable management.
  • With regards to features (i.e. Optical Drive Bays, number of 3.5 drive bays, etc.) I'm open. I have not yet determined the guts that will go into the build. My build will likely consist of a boot SSD, and storage SSD, possibly a spindle drive. Only one video card (No SLI). I'll be overclocking so AIO watercooling and good ventilation.

I just built a case for a buddy in a 500D SE, which shares the same internal structure as the 570X. I actually ordered a 3 x 120mm bracket from the 570X to allow me to mount a 360 rad up top along with 3 x 120 fans up front. IMO cable management wasn't that bad there is a channel that runs down the back that I was able to hide a lot of the cables in. It's really going to come down to how many "things" you are going to have hooked up. He went with 2 x 1tb nvme m.2, 2 x 4tb SSD, 1 x Commander Pro, 1 x lighting pro, and 2 x led controllers for the 7 Corsair LL120 fans.

I think if you make sure you have positive airflow the lack of sealed tempered glass, isn't that big of a deal. Fractal Celsius 360 was placed up top. I had to move some fan holes to the rear to make room for the tubes going down. Case was easy to work in, about the only cramped spot was getting the 1000W Corsair power supply into the bottom compartment, even with it being modular. I would have liked to see them do a PSU bracket and then insert the PSU from the rear of the case. Case quality was awesome. Everything was sturdy and nothing felt "cheap".

Here's a shot of it. This was prior to him deciding he wanted RGB fans. The Commander Pro went in the bottom left 3.5" HDD cage and the 2 x LED controllers for the 7 fans went in the upper left 3.5" HDD cage.
-uJNZkjJyl6WHZ4lkFBVDAopswd4nO4Abe1fMlsqBz7l2ve3o6UqhZnLlzdUorPfuMRBLDkMmm99wgh-eh=w981-h1308-no.jpg

Also a couple of videos with the final fan configuration. The plastic is still on the tempered glass, I didn't want to take it off until I delivered the finished product.

I had a 570X and sold it on our forums. It was a nice case, but did take some creativity for cable management. Ultimately, I sold it because it was too big for my needs and the desk I have. That being said, I'm thinking about getting the 460X now.

Thanks for the opinions and advice so far.

Fritz,

Thanks for the pictures, videos, and info. Thats excellent. Thats a nice looking system :) I really like the look of the 570X but those were the two things I was most worried about: Cable management and Dust. It may seem silly to some but I was also a little disappointed about the lack of a HDD activity LED. Silly, I know, I'm just so used to having one.

There are a few cases that are somewhat similar that I've read about, and seem to have well though-out cable management (Like the Phanteks Evolv X I believe its called). but none of them seem to look as nice. I'm not a fan of that big plastic/metal piece on the front instead of the 3-LED fan setup like you've built.

After looking at your build and your comments about *where* you put things, I may actually go ahead with this case and use your post as a model as my build would be very similar. I am not looking to put as many drives in but I am definitely looking to do some lighting similar to yours. I'd like to mount a 360 rad up front though instead of up top, then swap out the fans for some of those high end Corsair LED ones.

Take a look at the Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic. Has the look you want, with good filtration and a definite upscale look. Great cable management and tons of space to work with in a compact (height) case.

I'm personally looking at the Anidees AI Crystal Cube Mesh. I want as low a case as possible, preferably with a dual chamber design, while staying with a relative upscale look.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA7TD8G67259

Not sure how you feel about RGB. They have a version for $40 less without all the bling, since the included fans are all sizzle and no steak.

I would suggest the Lian Li PC 0-11 Dynamic. It was the first case my wife ever cared about for her rig. We bought 2 and they're fantastic. Sharp styling, can house 3x 3x120mm rads, easy to clean magnetic filters all around. Very impressive and roomy.

Attachments

• IMG_4634.JPG
    IMG_4634.JPG
    298 KB · Views: 0
Helped a buddy work in the PC-O11 Dynamic also. It was pretty nice to work with. Him having the sleeved cable kit for the EVGA PSU make cable management easier.

IMG_3779.jpeg IMG_3780.jpeg IMG_3784.jpeg

Wow. Those Lian-Li PC-O11 cases are nice! Thank you for that. I wasn't aware of those and now I'm seeing alot of YouTube reviews of the big name reviewers that seem to really like it.

I've never built in a "dual chamber" case like that...nor have I ever seen one. Very interesting! I've never seen a PSU installed that way, nor the way they have the 3 fans of the radiator on the "motherboard try" side of the case. VERY different.

I noticed that you guys all recommended the "PC-011 Dynamic". I see on the Lian-Li sight that there is a regular PC-O11, a PC-O11 WGX (ROG Edition), and a PC-O11 Dynamic.

Is there any particular reason you chose the Dynamic over the other two?

On the Lian-Li site if you pull up all cases with "Tempered Glass" the PC-O11 Dynamic didn't come up. Only the PC-O11 and PC-011 WGX. Is the Dynamic tempered glass or is it just regular clear plastic?

How does it do for you guys with cooling? I'm looking to possibly run a 9900K that will get a mild overclock (whatever I can get). I know those CPU's run hot. I'm planning an AIO 360 rad but I'd probably be wise to make sure its a case that doesn't choke off airflow too much.

Last edited:
Wow. Those Lian-Li PC-O11 cases are nice! Thank you for that. I wasn't aware of those and now I'm seeing alot of YouTube reviews of the big name reviewers that seem to really like it.

I've never built in a "dual chamber" case like that...nor have I ever seen one. Very interesting! I've never seen a PSU installed that way, nor the way they have the 3 fans of the radiator on the "motherboard try" side of the case. VERY different.

I noticed that you guys all recommended the "PC-011 Dynamic". I see on the Lian-Li sight that there is a regular PC-O11, a PC-O11 WGX (ROG Edition), and a PC-O11 Dynamic.

Is there any particular reason you chose the Dynamic over the other two?

On the Lian-Li site if you pull up all cases with "Tempered Glass" the PC-O11 Dynamic didn't come up. Only the PC-O11 and PC-011 WGX. Is the Dynamic tempered glass or is it just regular clear plastic?

How does it do for you guys with cooling? I'm looking to possibly run a 9900K that will get a mild overclock (whatever I can get). I know those CPU's run hot. I'm planning an AIO 360 rad but I'd probably be wise to make sure its a case that doesn't choke off airflow too much.

The regular PC-O11 doesn't have the side fan mounts I think.
The WGX is a special edition for Republic of Gamers branding I guess.
The Dynamic is the popular one, with the side radiator mounts next to the motherboard.
There is also teh pc-o11 air but that sacrifices the front glass for more ventilations.

They all have tempered glass as far as I'm aware. Cooling is very good, top tier from all the reviews I've seen.

I like the styling of the PC-011 Air also. But from your thread you are looking for tempered glass, which IMO the Dynamic does well.

There is also the 500D SE https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139126 which is pretty much was the first build I link turned into. I started with a normal 500D and he ended up wanting more tempered glass, so I bought the glass front panel.

I really wish I went with different fans, I'd have bought the PC-O11 dynamic already. But I stupidly got the Corsair LL120/140s, and they look HORRIBLE from behind, so I can't use them as side intakes on the Lian Li. I was thinking about going all exhaust (2 LL140s up top on an H115i Pro, 3 LL120s on the side) and letting the vents suck in cool air, but I doubt that would work well.

I really wish I went with different fans, I'd have bought the PC-O11 dynamic already. But I stupidly got the Corsair LL120/140s, and they look HORRIBLE from behind, so I can't use them as side intakes on the Lian Li. I was thinking about going all exhaust (2 LL140s up top on an H115i Pro, 3 LL120s on the side) and letting the vents suck in cool air, but I doubt that would work well.

Yeah I wouldn't do that, you'll get air brought in through not filtered areas and dust will build up quicker.

I agree they don't look as good from the back for sure, but I would be willing to bet it's the same situation with any of these RGB fans.

Yeah I wouldn't do that, you'll get air brought in through not filtered areas and dust will build up quicker.

Yeah, I was considering the Rosewill Cullinan PX, which is kind-of-sort-of mini version of the PC-O11, but it's an unfiltered front intake (behind glass) and no rear exhaust. I guess I could have done a top intake through the H115i Pro and a front exhaust. /shrug

I agree they don't look as good from the back for sure, but I would be willing to bet it's the same situation with any of these RGB fans.

Well, the ones that don't have that ring around the edge of the fan, or ones with the ring on both sides will look a lot better from the back. Googling the LL120 though, it doesn't look TOO bad.

+1 for the Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic. I am just itching to build into this case. Great airflow, many rad mounting options, tons of space above the mobo, plus max view-ability.

Lian Li PC-V3000 (if you can find one in stock). It's a beautiful case with great cooling options

Lian Li PC 0-11 Dynamic looks nice
Also love how the Cooler Master MasterCase H500 looks.

I went with a Corsair 780T recently. I like the PC-011 case but rafter some research I noticed my air cooler was too tall for the case.

Back