n00b
Hello, Im building a new computer and I need a case. My requirement are:

it needs to have a door
removable mobo tray
window
decent cooling

try to keep it under $200 please

thanks for the help

... you can use advance case search features on most sites and then just search through the results based on the information given on the search pages (you don't actually have to click in on most sites)

xoxide.com has some simpler yet more advanced search features (door or no door, colors, etc.)

The mobo tray will be the hardest to come up with. Since 120mm fans became a requirement, trays have gone the way of the dodo. One of the few that has one for a reasonable price is the Ultra m998, but it lacks a door. There are a few with trays that come out thru the right side rather than a drawer, but I forget the names now. The Thermaltake Eureka or Shark (same chassis) has your whole list (removeable tray is thru the side) but aren't easy to find anymore. The Egg hasn't listed the Eureka (don't pronounce it like the vacuum cleaner, pronounce like the anime character: Eh oo wreck ah) for a long time, but they do have the Shark. Then there is the Lancool PC-K10.

.bh.

Well, I remembered some - edited into my early message with more here. The K10 doesn't have a window, but it may be replaceable with a standard Lian Li windowed side panel as it's made by Lian Li. Unf. the windowed side panel with the L-L name will cost about a third the price of the K10. OTOH, the side panel is aluminum - easy to cut... ;) Froogle turns some Eureka up at under $150.

.bh.

Back