Looking for analog video capturing solution

GuruX

Gawd
I'm looking for a good analog video capturing solution for my father, and don't really know what to look for.

The main things he'd be doing would be to capture the video, edit out segments, and add an audio track -- and of course burning the final project to DVD.

What would you guys recommend in the $250 US range?

(I do not need a TV tuner -- just a dedicated video capturing solution)

So you already have a tuner/capture card? And you only need some video editing/capturing/importing software?

CNET Reviews has a few non-linear video editors reviewed:
http://reviews.cnet.com/4566-3670_7-0.html

Maybe someone will drop by with some personal expirence on the software products that fit your budget. Cheers.

Whoops -- guess I should clarify:

I'm looking for dedicated capturing "hardware" -- not something bolted on to a TV tuner card that works poorly. That said, if there is a TV tuner card with exceptional capturing capability, I might consider it.

A few people have gotten me interested in the Creative Labs Audigy 2 ZS Video Editor setup, which would work well since he'd basically be upgrading his sound card in the process (he has the SB Live OEM card now). The only drawback that I've noted (from reviews) is that the video capturing portion only works with the bundled software -- but that might be just fine since he wants something reasonably easy to use.

Back