Looking for an inverted Case

CeTanu

n00b
Hi everyone,

I just registered in this Forum as it seems to be a much better informed place then most other forums i visited.
Especially when looking for Cases.

I'm currently trying to decide on a case for my new Build. As the PC is to my left I would love to have a case with the Window on the right, so I looked for inverted Cases but there isn't that much out there.

Currently I'm looking at the following 3 Cases:

• Corsair Carbide 600C

• Silverstone FT04

• be Quiet! Dark Base 700 (Airflow seems pretty bad?)
Overall i`m looking for a case with a good compromise between Airflow and Noise.

If there isn´t anything on the market like this i probably would look at a Fractal Design Define R6 or something similar.

I'm also open to other suggestions if you have some.

The rest of the build will look like this:

• PSU: be Quiet! Straight Power 11 550W

• Mainboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

• RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 3200MHz CL16

• CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X

• CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5

• GPU: Gainward GTX 1080Ti Phoenix

• SSD: 500GB/1TB Crucial MX500
Thanks in advance for your help and sorry if I made some mistakes as English isn't my first language.

Greetings CeTanu

Hi everyone,

I just registered in this Forum as it seems to be a much better informed place then most other forums i visited.
Especially when looking for Cases.

I'm currently trying to decide on a case for my new Build. As the PC is to my left I would love to have a case with the Window on the right, so I looked for inverted Cases but there isn't that much out there.

Currently I'm looking at the following 3 Cases:

• Corsair Carbide 600C

• Silverstone FT04

• be Quiet! Dark Base 700 (Airflow seems pretty bad?)
Overall i`m looking for a case with a good compromise between Airflow and Noise.

If there isn´t anything on the market like this i probably would look at a Fractal Design Define R6 or something similar.

I'm also open to other suggestions if you have some.

The rest of the build will look like this:

• PSU: be Quiet! Straight Power 11 550W

• Mainboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

• RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 3200MHz CL16

• CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X

• CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5

• GPU: Gainward GTX 1080Ti Phoenix

• SSD: 500GB/1TB Crucial MX500
Thanks in advance for your help and sorry if I made some mistakes as English isn't my first language.

Greetings CeTanu

I have a 600Q and like it. Although I don't currently use it, it is a well built case if you want something inverted.

There are a couple of problems with the 600Q and 600C in my opinion though and that is that it does not have enough exhaust air. There are a few ways to resolve this and that is by either; utilizing intake on the front and back and exhausting out of the bottom, running front intake only with rear exhaust, modding PSU fan for more air flow with front and bottom as intake (I did this and wasn't happy with it), or using the front and bottom as intake with the PSU and rear as exhaust and add 2 x 40mm (may be 60mm, I forget) fans to the rear mesh.

Ultimately I just gave up after lots of work, time and research and got a Fractal Design Meshify C. I mostly liked the computed on the left so thats my headphone cord wasn't crossing me. To solve that I just run a stereo aux cable from the right to left.

Anyways. The 600Q and 600C are built quite well, they didn't do a terrific job of air flow management though. If they had vented the top it'd be balanced.

Thanks for the detailed reply.
So the 600C doesn't look to be the best option with the stock fan Configuration and a tower cooler.

Would be interesting if the Silverstone fares better with it's stock 2 fans and equalled noise to the Corsair as this are the 2 main Cases I am looking at right now.

It's mATX but the new Silverstone LD01 is set up this way. Neat looking case IMO with glass all around but not sure about airflow, front looks like it might be restricted.

Not a huge fan of small cases. Would like to stay with ATX but thanks for the suggestion

There is also the dark base 900, bit on the expensive side though.

Back