Looking for an entry level 3D printer around $300

dr.stevil

[H]F Junkie
I don't know much about 3D printing, but I do 3D modeling professionally and have always wanted one, for obvious reasons. Looking for something in the $300.00 range.

I'd much rather have quality and flexibility over print size, as I can assemble anything larger than the default print space. Upgradablity and ease of use is also high on the list.

I'm hoping some 3D printing enthusiasts can point me in the right direction? Good brands to look at? Things that I should keep in mind when selecting a printer? I, literally, know nothing about them.

Cheers

I honestly don't know much about all the kind of 3D printers out there but the $150ish Anet A8 clone I got does a fantastic job imo, as long as the bed is leveled everything runs smooth.

I like the Ender-2. I hear the Ender-3 is nice too. I have 2 of the Ender-2's and they work great. The slicing software will make a big difference too. I started out using Cura but went to S3D. I got consistently better prints with S3D. Cura just seemed too fickle to me.

I'd recommend not doing any upgrades immediately. Get used to the printer first. Then upgrade slowly. Watch a lot of YouTube videos and you will pick up a lot of good tips.

I bought my Ender-2's when they were $140 on sale on Gearbest. They ship from China and you have to assemble them. It takes about an hour or so. It's not too hard. Just watch YouTube assembly videos.

20180803_073529~01~01.jpg repairs2.jpg trex3.jpg mask2.jpg

Back