• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Looking for alternative to RHS88

ih8spam

Weaksauce
Joined
May 6, 2007
Messages
80
After doing some (incorrect) research, I purchased two Zalman ZM-RHS88 cooling kits (See here) for my GTS-8800 GPUs. I thought I read during my research that the ZM-RHS88 could be used with almost any cooling solution. I was wrong about that, and will be returning my purchase.

What I'm looking for is whether anybody else makes an "all-in-one" solution like the ZM-RHS88. Since I have to rebuild my loop, I thought this would be a good time to fix some issues with my earlier installation.

Cheers!

IH8Spam
 
D-Tek offers a heatsink thing similar to that that works with their GPU only block and while I'm not 100% certain I'd suspect it'll work with the MCW60 with the G80 kit.
 
Do you have the GPU cooler or is that part decided?
Swiftech MC8800 SMC Cooling Kit will fit but has the stupid ramsink that can and will fall of if you do it wrong when put them on.
FC blocks is the best universal way to go otherwice and keep the vreg cool enought, EK has some niceones and Swiftech Stealth Rev.2 is a semi fullface block.
 
Do you have the GPU cooler or is that part decided?
Swiftech MC8800 SMC Cooling Kit will fit but has the stupid ramsink that can and will fall of if you do it wrong when put them on.
FC blocks is the best universal way to go otherwice and keep the vreg cool enought, EK has some niceones and Swiftech Stealth Rev.2 is a semi fullface block.

Yes - As madmat surmised, I have two MCW60s with the G80 kits (Amazing performance! 25+ Deg C of temperature drop over my old stock 8800 GTS HSFs!).
 
My suggestion is to use a GPU only cooler. Go to the surplus electronic store and pick up some old 386/486 aluminum/copper heatsinks. Cut to fit your ram and vreg's. Use a Dykem marking pen for the cut surfaces and glue/stick them on. Thus you get a water block that can go on any other card. :D
 
D-Tek offers a heatsink thing similar to that that works with their GPU only block and while I'm not 100% certain I'd suspect it'll work with the MCW60 with the G80 kit.

That D-Tek cooler looks nice! I'll bet I can't use it with my MCW60, though. If I was D-Tek, that's the way I would design it ... :p

I guess I'll be sticking with my individual heatsinks, I suppose. I'm not looking forward to the pain-in-the-a$$ I ran into in the past with all the individual heatsinks falling off during installation.

It sure would have been nice if Swiftech came out with a similar product that works with the MCW60!
 
Thanks, Arcygenical! Once again, you are my hero! :bow down:

Sorry to add one more question to this thread, but will there be any problem using the DTEK Unisink on a 8800 GTS 320MB? I hope the same chips are in the right spots ...

Wont work.
 
The VRM chips are in different spots on the GTS versus the GTX. You could further mod the Uni-Sink to not cover the VRM's on the GTS and it would work but then you'd need to come up with a way of cooling them.
 
Back
Top