Looking for Active unidirectional HDMI 2.0 to DisplayPort cable

AceGoober

Live! Laug[H]! Overclock!
I am going to order this monitor - Acer Nitro XV272U Pbmiiprzx 27" WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS G-SYNC Compatible Monitor, 144Hz from Amazon today. Monitor does come with a HDMI cable but it doesn't state that it is 2.0. I want to have a backup in the event the cable that comes with the monitor isn't all that great.

My Laptop (Acer Nitro AN517-71) has a HDMI 2.0 port as confirmed on Acer's support community.

What I'm confused with is the cable requirements to run from HDMI 2.0 to DisplayPort. I've done a great deal of research it appears I need to a Active, Uni-directional cable yet I haven't found one on Amazon which states HDIM 2.0 to DP. All the ones I've looked at say DP to HDMI 2.0, not the other way around.

[H]elp a Brot[H]er out?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Ordered monitor this morning. If the included cable doesn't cut it I'll seek out something locally, if I can find it.

Checked reviews of this Acer and it seems like a good relatively inexpensive gaming display. Something I could recommend.
Reviews however say VRR through HDMI won't work on Nvidia and in one it didn't even work on AMD card. Which is strange because VRR do works on Nvidia cards HDMI 2.0 connection. At least it works on my 4K HDMI 2.1 monitor on HDMI 2.0 GPU at 2560x1440p120.

In any case if VRR doesn't work but image doesn't have any artifacts (like flashing green/red/blue pixels) then getting better HDMI 2.0 cable is probably not gonna make any difference. VRR doesn't require more bandwidth and if max resolution works then should VRR.

As for HDMI 2.0 to DP converter, those should exist but I am not sure if they would make it possible to run VRR. I would rather say that if it doesn't work out of the box on HDMI 2.0 then you are out of luck. But just check this and if it doesn't work then maybe someone can recommend working adapter.

My experience below is based on this product:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FCHQXSQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

I have a 3440x1440 monitor that runs at 100hz on DP (AG352UCG). I just switched to a laptop that doesn't have DP except through thunderbolt, which doesn't work for my virtualized situation. Laptop does have HDMI 2.1. Monitor has HDMI 1.2. So it ran at 50hz over HDMI. With the DP converter it ran at something around 85hz, but has an issue was sleep mode or something like that. Went away for dinner, came back to an unresponsive display. Haven't used the converter since.
I personally am going to get one of the new HDMI 2.1 32inch 4k displays that are just coming out.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back