Looking for a Windows based image backup solution

vitalym

Limp Gawd
I've been using Acronis to create image backups of my C: drive, which works wonderful.

What I'm looking for is something that is:

- Windows based
- Uses VSS to create a snapshot, so I can be using my PC while the backup takes place
- Can be scheduled to create a 7 day rotation, will automatically delete backups older than 7 days
- Command line driven (optional)
- Can create a recovery disk or has some other method of booting in DOS to recover the drive/partitions/MBR

I know there is a Windows based version of Acronis, but I haven't used it so I'm not sure if it has what I'm looking for.

Easus ToDo Backup would be my recommendation. Some versions of Windows 7 also include image based backup capability.

Easus ToDo Backup would be my recommendation. Some versions of Windows 7 also include image based backup capability.

I will check out Easus

I have Windows 7 Ultimate and it does include image based backups.
My issue is that I created the backup and created the recovery media to be able to boot in DOF, but my SSD HDD isn't recognized when I try to recover the image.

I know there is a Windows based version of Acronis, but I haven't used it so I'm not sure if it has what I'm looking for.
It will do what you've described. Look into the Acronis True Image Home product. Their Acronis Recovery Manager is a GUI interface that can be started from a bootable CD, or even by the software updating the MBR to add a "Press F11 to start Acronis Recovery Manager".

BTW, a search through this forum will give plenty of information on backup options.

Back