Looking for a widescreen display for $1000

NEODARK

Gawd
Im looking for a new widescreen (preferably 1080p capable) display. I've been looking at the dells (2405's) but I hear the new 2407FPW's are coming out, although for what I hear it's an inferior display and has many issues.

Does anyone know what are the options at this pricepoint, and if there are any offers going around (like the wipro guys)

My aboslute limit is 1K, but if I can get it for around $700 would be much better.

thanks for suggestions.

I would say the 2405, I just finished nabbing one off ebay 2 days ago for about $650 (Brand spankin new).

How big are you looking for? 21" ? Bigger? The Gateway 21" widescreen does 1080i, has DVI, component, and S-video inputs as well....huge thread about it...

I bet the Dell 2407's are going to be a letdown like the 2007's with horrible banding :(

Thanks

Im looking in the neighborhood of around 24 inches, 1900x1200 so the dells seem perfect, for what I've read, the 2407FPW's are a letdown overseas.

I'd get the 2405 in a hearbeat, but it has no HDCP and with vista not that far away, it could be an issue.

I also heard of a benq with similar specs, we'll see, thanks all for the suggestions :D

Ya get the 2405. This is an awesome panel. I am using it now and totally love it. Personally i dont go for the hdcp crap just like im not going to upgrade to vista early on. So hdcp doesnt do much for me. And im like you i use mine to watch dvds.

Oh and almost forgot. Stay away from the 2407 those things are crap. In fact im done with dell after i saw this. My next dell will be the 3007 or the apple 30 incher.

NEODARK said:
Thanks

Im looking in the neighborhood of around 24 inches, 1900x1200 so the dells seem perfect, for what I've read, the 2407FPW's are a letdown overseas.

I'd get the 2405 in a hearbeat, but it has no HDCP and with vista not that far away, it could be an issue.
:D

Well for less than $600 the Gateway also is HDCP compliant.....but "only" 21" at 1680x1050
;)

Back